Chapter 6

So I'm going to start doing this thing where I recommend a book every once in a while.

Today's recommendation is:
Lovestruck (A Connor Franta Fanfiction) by @Broganator13

I recommend this bc I've read it like 5 times and it was the first Fanfiction I've ever read.

Kian's POV:

I settle on a bench to sit on at the park. It's under a tree in the shade, but close to the sidewalk.

I sit for a few minutes, engulfed in my own thoughts, when a penny board goes rolling by on the sidewalk without an owner.

"Shit," a girl goes jogging after the board. I watch her as she goes back and keeps trying to ride the penny board to no avail.

Finally, I see if I can help her. "Having troubles?" I ask. She looks at the board, frustrated.

"Sort of. I can't-" she gasps when she looks up at me. Her brown eyes are sparkling. "You're Kian Lawley!"

"The one and only. I noticed you kept bailing out on your board."

"Wow, um, yeah. I bought this board and I thought I could teach myself, but I can't."

"Would you like some help?"

"Would you?"

"Yeah. Here, are you goofy or regular footed?"

"Regular."

"Okay. So step on the board." She follows the order. "Now move your back foot to the edge of the screws."

"Like that?"

"Yeah. Now angle your front foot about 45°."

"Okay."

"Okay. Now just try to hold your balance for a few seconds." She obeys. "Okay." I stick my arms out. "Grab hold on my arms and I'll walk while you just kind of roll on the board, just to get used to the motion. Got it?"

"Yeah." I begin side shuffling slowly. She repeatedly looses balance and catches herself until she stands perfectly still on the board.

"Good. Now as you're holding onto me, try just tilting your feet front and back to turn a little." She begins swerving like I told her. "Nice. So now you're just going to hold onto one arm. Ready?" She nods. "Now." I let go of her left arm. She still hangs onto my left arm, but is doing much better. "Okay, so now we'll start you propelling yourself. Take your back foot off and slowly push yourself." Her toes hit the ground and push the board along with her body. "You look like you're doing alright. Now, I'll run and you push faster, then I'll let go, okay?"

She takes a deep breath, seeming a little scared. "Okay."

"Let's go." She starts pushing and I start running. "3...2...1!" I let go and she goes zooming down the sidewalk with ease. A moment later she comes back up and stops at me.

"Thank you so much! I would have never gotten the hang of it without you."

"It's no problem. Hey," I remember what Connor said earlier. "We're having a get together with some fans later and I was wondering, would you like to come?"

"Oh my god yes! Here, lemme give you my number." I hand her my phone and she types in the digits.

"I'll text you the address and what time it starts. I look forward to seeing you there!"

"You too! Thanks so much!"

"No problem!" she skates away.

I didn't even ask her name. Luckily she put it on her contact. Alex.

I like that name.

Jc pulls up a few moments later. "Did you get one?" He asks as I climb into the passenger seat.

"Ya. Did you?"

"Yeah, the cashier from GameStop."

"Ah, a match made in heaven."

"Shut up," he shoves me. I can see the glow in his face. "She was beautiful too."

"Awww. Jc's got a cwush." Thinking back, Alex was pretty too. But, I'm not sure I want to get involved just yet. I just broke up with Andrea... Not that Alex would be a rebound. But we all know how the media is.

"Let's go home and get ready for later."

"Lez go."