A Message

PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS PART.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this book or Wattpad for that matter. I just have some thoughts and it could benefit anyone from reading.

Over winter break, I've had a lot of time to think. To think about anything, really.

First, I think you should know a bit about me.

Hi, I'm Anonymous.

Ironic, right? I tell you I'm going to talk about myself, yet you don't know my name.

When someone introduces themselves to you, that's metaphorically what they're saying.

But here, I might not tell you my name, but I'll tell you about me.

Hello, I'm Anonymous. I'm fourteen years old. I live in America, in a very small town. I go to a very small school. How small, do you think? A high school with 1000 people? 500? Try a fraction of that. My entire school, which happens to be a K-12 school, holds just over 200 kids. My freshman class has 10 people. The entire ninth grade. 10.

I've known all of my classmates since fourth grade, or since I was nine. Some of them I've known since I was seven or eight. We haven't gotten a new student in my class in five years.

In my class, there are eight boys. I'll name them for you: Riley, Luke, Fischer, George, Cole, Sean, Reece, and Carter. There are two girls: Madison, and me, Anonymous.

Our class is like a family, really. They're all idiots, believe me, but I still love them. And there's a reason why I love them.

Here's where I stop talking about me and you hear what I really have to say. I'll number my different subjects.

1) My class has given me so many memories. So many fun times in my life, and I can't be more thankful. I've never dated a single one of those boys, they're all like brothers to me. They've all given me a life that I didn't deserve, and I can't thank them enough for that.

Now, here's where I'm stuck.

I have inherited my father's protectiveness. I have certain instincts that do not fly well with my classmates, or anyone else for that matter. For instance, the guys are always talking about how we need more girls in our class. I've never gotten along with girls too well. Sometimes I do, but I fly better with the guys. I can just chill and be myself.

The reason I get protective over them isn't because I like any of them, trust me. I think I've actually figured out a reason.

I have an older brother, who is 20. And he has never, ever brought a girl home. He's never had a girlfriend (at least, that my family nor I has ever known about) and that's why. My real brother has never had a girlfriend, and these other guys have never had girlfriends, so why should that change?

Well my friends, it's called a comfort zone. I know I need to loosen the reigns a little, but you can understand how hard it is, right?

2) More about the boys. Sorry if it's getting annoying, but this is where this talk can benefit you.

I won't lie, I have had a crush on a few of my classmates before. However, they've seen a lot of me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that they see how bad I can get and how weird I can be. And I am not the first to say I'm weird.