6

My feet carried me through the double doors into the training room, there was nearly nobody around. I spotted Eric and Four but no Apollo anywhere. Eric and Four's eyes were set on me, I felt uncomfortable in the room. I looked around and everyone was staring at me, Dauntless borns were laughing and Initiates were blank. I felt empty, as though I didn't know something.

"It's your last fight Cassia." Eric's voice bellows, louder than ever before. "Step into the ring." He motions for me to move into the ring. My eyebrows furrowed together.

"I thought my last fight was yesterday, against Dan." I state. I hear laughs from the crowd of people surrounding the ring as I enter it.

"Your somewhat true, your last fight against the initiates was yesterday, now we need to see what you're really capable of. Let's face it, we all know what you really are so I need to see how good you really are. You're fighting me this time, cupcake." Eric laughs at me as he steps into the ring, throwing his jacket onto the ground. My eyes fix onto the jacket strewn on the floor. The leader embroidery made my lips curve into a smile however I was brought back to reality when Eric pushed my shoulder back roughly. "Show me what you can do, divergent." The word rings through my ears.

I thought I'd hid it well, I thought nobody knew.

"Oh we know Cassia, you're divergent. You disgust me, you disgust everyone here." Cheers erupt around me, my eyes looking through everyone around me.

Apollo. He was standing there, laughing at me.

"Are you going to fight me or what?" Eric's voice once again spoke, this time angering me. I let out a scream and threw myself towards him, punching his chest repeatedly. This grants me a punch in the face and a blackout.

*

My eyes opened and my mouth let out a scream, my cheeks soaked with tears. I felt someone shaking my shoulders, trying to snap me out of my dream. I clutched their hand and sobbed into my chest. My head raised to see Apollo's face and I let go of his hand instantly, jumping out of my bed and backing away from him.

"Cassia, what's wrong?" He questions, confusion plastered over his face.

"G-get awa-away from me!" I scream, my eyes still letting out tears.

The door to the initiates room burst open, standing in the frame was Eric himself. I looked around the room, noticing everyone else was now awake so I cast my eyes to the alarm next to my bed. 6am. It was official, everyone in the room now hated my guts.

"What's going on?" Eric's voice pierces the silence in the room, pacing towards Apollo and I. Apollo looked to Eric.

"I tried to help her, she screamed and woke up. I was just trying to help." Apollo defended himself and looked back over to me, his face confused but his eyes showed hurt. I crossed my arms in front of my stomach and held my breath. I didn't know what to think, was my dream true? Did they know I was divergent? Is that how Apollo really felt about me?

"Does it look like you're helping? No. Everyone get in the training room now, there's clothes in the changing room next door, get out." Eric shouted, everyone following his orders and shifting out of their beds, rushing out of the room. Apollo stood still. "I said get out Apollo." Eric growled.

"I'm not leaving until I know she's okay." Apollo retorts at Eric. Eric shifts his gaze onto me with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Apollo, go." I mutter and Apollo glares at me.

"What?" He questions, turning his whole body to face me. "After everything, sitting with you in the emergency room and practically looking after you? You decide to palm me off now?" His anger was rising and his face was getting redder.