A walk

Sasaki walked into the building. (y/n)'s head sat on the bench. He walked over to see what (y/n) was doing. She had her eyes closed and her head rested onto her hands. 

'It was Christmas yesterday, the store must have had a lot of customers' He thought to himself. Yesterday he wasn't able to work since CCG had some things going on.

As Sasaki watched (y/n), her eyes shot open. Sasaki stumbled back in surprise. She yawned and rubbed her eyes lightly.

"Hey Sasaki, wheres everyone else", she questioned. Half asleep and half awake.

"Remember you gave a day off for everyone since they all stayed at work on Christmas day", Sasaki replied.

"Oh, really I forgot", (y/n) stood up and made a cup of coffee for herself. She placed a brown cube inside, it slowly dissolved into nothing.

"Were you here since last night?" he asked as he sat down opposite to (y/n). She nodded as a reply.

"Anyways, what did you forget here?"

"I forgot...some things for my university", he said as he held his chin. (y/n) watched him smile awkwardly.

"Hmm, really"

"Y-yeah, I forgot some important notes"

 "I need some fresh air..want to go for a walk with me?" (y/n) asked. Sasaki looked confused at her sudden question.

"Um,okay, I mean I haven't got anything else to do, I'm not busy at all, s-so I can go on that walk". (y/n) giggled at his response, she stood up and grabbed her scarf.

"Okay, I guess you really want to go on this walk".

"Well not really, I mean I do, but not really..." he continued. (y/n) smiled

"Okay, okay, I get it, you can be pretty cute sometimes".

'I don't think the shy side of me is very cute' 

Sasaki sighed and followed (y/n) out.

It's pretty cold isn't it", (y/n) said, she clapped her hands together and rubbed them tightly. Sasaki nodded. He looked up into the dark, gray sky. (y/n) looked over to the small building down the road. She looked up at Sasaki, who was still starring at the sky.

"Can we stop there for a bit?" (y/n) requested, she pointed to the  small infrastructure.

'that place...'

"I guess we can", he replied, feeling a bit unsure. 

"I want to see what is inside, it's only for a bit"

Sasaki nodded and then they entered together. A boy with black eyes looked up.

"Hey you're back", he exclaimed. Sasaki averted his eyes. If (y/n) found out about his identity, everything would be over. He didn't want this one guy to mess up everything.

"Um, yes..."he mumbled. The boy looked at the girl next to him. Their eyes meet for a few moments.

"You bought a girl with you this time", he continued. The boy stood up and walked over to them.

"Do you need me to design more". 

Sasaki shook his head, "She got curious and wanted to see what was in here".

"This place...is pretty interesting", (y/n) smiled. The boy thanked her.

"My name is Uta, I'm the owner of this mask studio", he says. Sasaki looked around, not much had changed from the last time he was here. Gradually, his eyes traced to Uta who was talking to (y/n) casually. He really is similar to a ghoul, his eyes and scent stood out the most. Something about him was strange, as if they he and Sasaki had met him before and not the time he and the squad came. 

After a bit they decided to leave.

"Well, goodbye, it was very fun talking to you, but I think we should get going", (y/n) thanked, she wrapped the scarf around her neck and proceeded to exit, Sasaki followed behind and waved goodbye.

"Sasaki, just wait one moment", Uta called out. He stopped and turned back around.

"I advise you to not search too deep, but the discoveries might be quite captivating", Uta said before continuing his work. Sasaki gave a small nod, he didn't understand what he was talking about. He walked out and followed (y/n) down the road.

"This is getting kind of fun and amusing", Uta chuckled. He placed the completed mask onto his face. A long beck-like structure sat in the middle with a few pitch dark holes around it.

(y/n) treaded alongside with Sasaki, both of them didn't say anything. 

"Sooo, do you want to go anywhere?" (y/n) questioned the boy besides her. She felt like he should go somewhere he wanted to since she got to go where she wanted.

"Anywhere you like", she continued. Sasaki thought for a bit.

"Do you live close by?" he questioned. (y/n) was surprised at his question. Did he really have the confident to ask a girl if they could go to their house.

"Y-yeah, only a few more blocks down, but why do you ask"

"Well, it's beginning to rain, I don't want to catch a cold again", he replied. He held his hand out and an drop of rain fell onto his hand. He looked up and a drip of water fell onto his nose. Sasaki flinched, the coldness sent a shock down his warm body.  (y/n) looked up.

"Of course, the rain...". Suddenly, the rain poured heavily onto them.

"Well, that was a lot faster then I expected", (y/n) shouted as she ran towards her house. When they arrived, she turned around and smiled.

"We made it, I didn't get too wet", she laughed. (y/n) looked at Sasaki who was soaking wet. Her laugh slowly faded into silence.

"How did you get so wet?" she asked as she opened the front door.

"Well, the cars driving by splashed the water on to me", he said as he brushed his hair with his hand.

"I'll set up the heater for you", (y/n) suggested, she rushed inside to get a towel. Sasaki went inside and searched for the living, he sat down onto a high steel stool. Looking around. The scent in the building was very unusual and peculiar. It was kind of eerie but also kind of calming. He thought back at what Uta had said.

"I wonder what he was talking about?"

_____________________________________________________________

this chapter was pretty short wasn't it?