twenty-four.

twenty-four.

bae joohyun

I've spent the last hour looking carefully at my room that I've stayed in for the past couple months. I've put all of my items in my suitcase and bag so the room was bare apart from the bed I've slept on. Memories.

I took my suitcase downstairs where my father's car was waiting. He gave me a small smile while taking my suitcase off me to put in the boot.

"Are you going to miss that house?" He questioned as I entered his car. I shrugged my shoulders. I do!

"A bit. I mean I will miss the freedom," I joked bitterly.

"Well tough, you're back with us," my father laughed and then gave me a bigger grin. "Sooyoung, Kyungsoo and Seulgi are waiting for you at home! Oh God, I wasn't meant to tell!"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, you'll see when we get back."

Indeed they were waiting with a whole bunch of food on the dinner table once I returned. They all brought me into a huge hug.

"Aw, I'm sorry that you don't have freedom anymore but at least you don't have to feel awkward anymore!" Sooyoung whispered in my ear.

Mm. "Whatever."

"So, I was thinking of visiting the Byun's for one last time. You know, like some ending ceremony to finalize the divorce." My mother announced before taking a bite of some chicken. I flushed then. Do I have to still see them?

"You guys are invited too, of course," my father added as his eyes peered over to my awkward best friends. They all turned to me, smiling.

"We'd be happy to wingman Bae Joohyun here," Kyungsoo slyly told them while his eyes never quite left my red face. Seulgi let out a laugh, so did the traitor Sooyoung. But my old-fashioned parents luckily didn't let on.

"Great, be at Onyx Hotel at six thirty on Friday," my mother clapped her hands gleefully. "That's if you guys don't want to come with us."

"We'll meet you there," Seulgi informed her. But she still had that stupid smirk on her face!

Sooyoung scoffed. "No, free limo ride. I'm coming with you guys!"

Obviously, gold digger Park Sooyoung.

-

It was the Monday back to school and I certainly wasn't ready for this. I made sure to brush my hair a little more fluffy so I could cover the seemingly permanent pink cheeks I now have.

Sooyoung had made sure that her and Sungjae would take me to school because they were my school 'parents'. In Sungjae's words, I was too vulnerable and introverted to roam around the school without an entourage.

Seulgi and Kyungsoo were obviously waiting by our usual spot at the lockers. They both gave me a stupid pitying smile while caressing my shoulders in sync.

"Can you guys stop feeling my poor shoulders up?" I joked, pulling away from their weirdness.

Kyungsoo shrugged. "We're just preparing you for the day ahead."

"What is this, the hunger games? I am hungry, though."

"Eugh, the hunger games," Sooyoung hated the film because of Katniss Everdeen's 'stupid ways of leading both men on'. "But anyways, we're just saying I know it must be super awkward seeing, you know, so we're here to support you."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed at the overreacting kids. "Guys, it's not that serious. I'm perfectly fine and ready for this day like everyone else."

Perfectly fine did not, however, get into any of their brains. During the seemingly long day of school, each took a 'shift' to ensure I never bumped into the huge posse and ignite an awkward conversation.