Chapter 29

I look around my senior prom and I mean it isn't as awful as I thought it was going to be. The usual teen school dance, I don't see what the hype was all about for this. Then again I'm not really enjoying it yes I was dancing at first but after a while it got repetitive so I decided to sit out.  Yes, I'm here with my best friend but I told him a good hour ago to go and dance with a girl that he has had a crush on since freshman year. These are the times where I wished Crispin was here, no no I can't let my self think like this. I started to pick my stuff up, "Where are you going?" I turn around to see Jamie with her boyfriend but I just smile.

"I'm going to head home I'm exhausted it has been a long night." My eyes go down to my feet and my heart drops, stop lying, you miss him.

"You can't!" She blurted out a little to fast and seemed a little anxious as she looked around.

"Trust me I can and actually I will." I made my way to the door but Jamie caught up along with Kian.

(Play 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran.)

I got to the middle of star lit gym, just as Kian spoke up, "At least take this."

While handing me note he looks at Jamie with a look of defeat, "We were only supposed to give you this if we couldn't get you stay long enough."

I give the two a questionable look at what just came out of Jamie's mouth, nodding I take the letter and make my way out of the gym where it starts to rain, just my luck.

Opening the paper in my hand I start to read as the rain continues to drizzle all over me. Moving my eyes to the top of the letter I start to read...

Dear Mia,

When you left my world fell apart, the void that was left was- indescribable. I shouldn't have let you go, I shouldn't have let you walk away. Not only because I had to see the person I love walk away from me, or to see the stress I had conflicted on them to make such a gap between the two of us but because my whole world and my dream fell apart. Mia you are the most beautiful, graceful, intelligent person I have ever met. Each day I didn't wake up knowing that you still cared felt like I was in a never ending bad romantic comedy. With you still reading, hopefully, means this is the part where everything works out the part where both leading rolls find out we are meant to be together and Mia I promise I won't ever give you a reason to give up on me or us again. I really wish you would have listened to your friends and stayed because then it would have meant more but-"

I got cut of, by a hand on my shoulder and whipped around, wiping the tears from my eyes quickly before I met the person's eyes. Standing in front of me, completely out of breath, stood Crispin. "You got my letter."

"Yea I did." I replied

"Well , I'm not letting you walk away from me again. I let you go the first time and it was the worst mistake of my life, I should have fought for you to stay, to stay with me. I just pored all of my feeling out to you in that letter and bloody hell if that isn't enough. I will go to the ends of the universe to find away for us to be together. Mia I don't know what you did to me but after you let me back into your life I saw someone I never saw before, this time around I wasn't just a boy who didn't gave a shit about anyone, not even myself. That time around I fell for you and fell hard, you made me see the world in a away where their was colors. The day you left I booked a plane ticket to come see you, the day I was supposed to go my mother got sick and I had to stay. I went to the hospital yesterday to visit her, she told me that if I didn't go after you it was going to be the worst mistake of my life. She said that she hasn't seen me this happy in a long time, that when you walk into the room she can see my eyes light up. Mia you light up my world, you make my heart speed up, make me not feel anything but pure happiness. I can't lose you, not again. Please."

For a few minutes we just stood there, on the sidewalk, a block from the school, the rain picking up speed, cars speeding by on the busy road. All the stores had started to close and the stars where out, illuminating everything it touched. I turned back to Crispin and for some reason I took his face in my hands, "I love you, and you haven't lost me just misplaced me, but I promise you, when I'm ready I will come to you." I slowly brought my lips to his forehead and walked away, slowly, removing my hands from him.

Taking those steps away from him and giving him up was the hardest thing I have done in long time, but I couldn't keep playing this game. Not now, not when I need to focus on, me.