10.0

Lindon

I was probably out of it three days ago. Yes, maybe I was intoxicated from all the drinks I had the day before. I mean that could be the only reason why I was trying to understand Bella, get to know her better, and even help her out.

Whatever I said that day, I knew I had to make sure it would never happen again. I didn't want to get close to her, but that day when I saw her hurt, I couldn't take it. She would've done it for me, and I felt as though it was my duty to help her out.

It was three days ago for goodness sake but I still wasn't able to get it out of my head. For some reason nowadays she was the only one on my mind.

Today I had to leave back for Terabithia, seeing as how tomorrow was the day of the wedding. We'd spend the night at some outhouse, and in the morning arrive at their kingdom with grand preparations. The marriage was at no church, it was going to be held at their kingdom, a ritual we all followed. The bride's wedding was always held at her palace, it was the last place she was to be at, before she left for the groom's kingdom.

It was weird to think of Bella as my future wife even till now. I couldn't imagine it happening. Where once I had seem to forgotten about them all, pushing all the memories of my childhood in the far corner of my mind, I was now forced to unlock them. But, with all those sweet memories I had to reminisce all the events I'd rather forget.

Bella wasn't my problem anymore. Actually I was starting to slowly like her, as a human being of course. She wasn't annoying as I thought she was, no instead she was just hell bent on getting whatever she wanted. I wouldn't really mind spending my life with her, or so I thought.

The only problem was me.

I was conflicted. I was lost. I wasn't sure of what to do.

"King Lindon, I think you should finish a few paper works before you leave today," Terry, my manger explained, as we both sat in my office.

I nodded, not really listening. "That would be a great idea."

I wonder what was going in Terabithia right now. All the people there would probably be jumping around and getting ready for the big day.

"My cousin has designed Princess Bella's dress, it was a very beautiful design. Sad, you won't be able to get to see it until the wedding day," he went on, from across me.

The only words I was able to catch in the sentence were sad, Bella, and wedding.

I scanned over another document, then signed it.

"Very sad," I agreed.

Everything related to Bella always seemed to end up being sad.

"-right King?" Terry asked, staring at me expectantly as he waited for my response.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was talking about, then decided to nod my head. After all, it wouldn't hurt to agree with him even if he was wrong once in awhile.

"Yes, I think that's right," I said, causing Angel's chuckles to fill the room.

I glanced up towards the doors, finding her leaning against the door.