18.0

"Where are we going?" Lindon asked me for the fifteenth time today after we had gotten into the car.

I rolled my eyes, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel. "It's a surprise, Lindon. If I tell you then there's no fun in that."

Two days had went by after he had gotten sick, and four days since we had been away from home. Xenia called daily in the past days, while there was a missed call from mom and surprisingly dad too, but Noah was long forgotten.

I had talked to them both as best as I could, but when it got too much I closed the call saying I had something to do.

We were done with the task we had originally came here for and in a day headed home. Today was our last day here, and I had wanted to make it memorable.

He groaned in annoyance, letting out a cough. "I hate surprises. Why can't I just know? How long is it even gonna take? It's already been like two hours."

I stopped at a red light, briefly turning towards him. "It's only been an hour, stop being over dramatic. Just wait and you'll know soon enough."

Lindon didn't say anything to me after that, instead mumbled something under his breath and leant his head against the window, as I drove us to our destination.

The moon would begin to make its appearance in an hour or so, leaving us enough time to set up our tents and a fireplace.

I was headed to a campsite I had found through my web-searching from the past two days. I had gotten someone to go get a few camping equipments while I took care of Lindon for the past few days, and had placed them in the trunk today without Lindon finding out. I was really hoping he would like my surprise.

Of course the guards were in an R.V behind us, but that was alright. As long as they didn't interfere, I was okay with them enjoying themselves. It was a bit weird to be on a camping trip with your husband, while a few guards tagged along, but like everyone said, 'With power came enemies.'

"Have you lost your way?" Lindon remarked, staring out his window in confusion when he started noticing the road I was driving on.

I chuckled, shaking my head. I would wonder the same thing too, looking at the place. We were headed deeper into the woods, with only trees surrounding us.

When I finally slowed down, Lindon sat up in his sat, his eyebrows drawn together, as he glanced at me.

"Are we here?" He asked, and I nodded, stepping out of the car, then waiting for him to do the same.

"Bella, I'm- is this a campsite?" He suddenly questioned, finally letting our surrounding sink in. The place was a mixture of a state park and a private campground. There a few cars parked around us, and further down a cabin was visible-where we would check in for the site I had booked, and next to it people were beginning to start a fire, their tents nearby.

I nodded, noticing all the emotions flickering across his face.

"Why did you do this? I mean why suddenly..." He trailed off, his words stuck in his throat as he took in the sight.

I smiled, "Isn't this what you wanted? I only wanted to do something that would make you happy."

His next moves took me by surprise, almost causing a heart attack. He came to my side, and engulfed me in a hug, his happiness taking over his senses. For a moment I stood still, unsure of how to react. But, then I slowly lifted my arms, placing them around him, and breathed in his scent as I hugged him back.