Chapter 27

Jennifer's POV:

"Josh get your arse down here or we're going to be late, again!"

This is the seventh time I've told Josh to hurry up. I know he is ready so I have absolutely no idea what he is doing up there. I have to admit it, normally I am the late one even though I hate saying it, but for some reason Josh seems to be the one holding us up this time round.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, I just need to grab one more thing and we'll get going."

"Okay but please be quick, I really don't want to miss the flight. I haven't seen my family in ages."

"Neither have I Jen but well make it I promise."

Josh and I are finally taking a trip to Kentucky for the holidays. We're going to spend a few days with Josh's family and then on Christmas Eve will drive to my house in Louisville and spend Christmas there.

Josh was a bit annoyed that he wasn't going to see his family on Christmas day but I promised him that next year we will. We will just swap it around each year.

Another thing we are telling them is that we're together. Yes we've been together for awhile now, but we didn't tell anyone because we wanted to make sure that our relationship was sturdy and serious and now I'm happy that we've finally reached a place where we are comfortable with people knowing. We know we want to be together for the rest of our lives and that's all that matter.

Josh finally comes barrelling down the hallway with his bag in hand. He runs and grabs my bag before swinging the door open

"Jen, now it's my turn to tell you to hurry up because we are so late!"

I giggle before following him, "you really are an idiot."

He looks up at me and grins before we hop into our drivers car. He's dropping us off to the airport. We put on our seat belts and we begin our journey to the airport.

I lean into Josh and nuzzle my head in his shoulder, "I'm really happy we're going back home Josh, I haven't seen my or your family in forever."

"Me too Jen, but I'm really looking forward to telling everyone about us."

This make me smile, my heart beings to race and I can feel my heart beginning to melt.

"I feel the same way Joshy, I love you."

"I love you too cupcake."

Once we get to the airport we go through security and board the plane.

It isn't a very long flight from here but it isn't exactly short. Most of the time Josh and I laugh and watch movies. But after awhile I feel myself dozing off. I can feel Josh lifting up the arm chair and pulling me closer to him. He wraps his arms around me and I snuggle into his chest. I'm not usually a cuddly kind of person but for Josh I'll make an exception, mostly because I love it. After that I'm out like a light.

I wake up to the soft coos of Josh's voice, "Jenny we are here, baby get up."

"Five more minutes Josh please."

"I wish I could let you but we have to get of the plane."

"Can you carry me?"

"Okay, come here baby."

I open my arms and Josh lifts me up, I wrap my arms and legs around his body and rest my head in the crook of his neck.

Josh's family know I'm here but they don't know we're together so I can't wait until they find out.

Josh carries me all the way through the the airport until we get to baggage claim.

"Babe you have to walk by yourself now, cause I have to carry our bags."

I slowly get off before rubbing my eyes, due to being sleepy and because I have just woken up. Josh carries both our bags and grabs my hand before pulling me to the entrance of the airport. He spots his family and runs, pulling me along with him.

We all hug each other, a few 'hellos' here and there and some jokes every now and again. These next few days should be great. I smile at the thought of one day becoming apart of this family and when I do I instantly feel like I belong.