Chapter 8

Jason's POV

2 years ago

"SCREW YOU JASON!” screamed Rachel. 

Why was she screaming at me? Well, because we were at the beach and I'd just conveniently picked her up and thrown her over my shoulder. And then? I threw her in the water. 

Rachel pushed herself up from the ground and angrily got up. She glared at me and began brushing the grains of sand off of her baby blue bikini. Her hair was dripping wet, and damn she looked hot. I really needed to get over my crush. 

"Now now. No need to tell the whole world what you want to do with me."

"Seriously? You really want to start with the you-wanna-do-me jokes NOW? Do you really wanna die THIS early?"

"Come on Rachel! It was just a joke!"

"Oh, so you wanna joke? Well, take this!"

And just like that, I was in the same position as Rachel was, a few minutes ago. Rachel had kicked me on my feet and I went flying in the water. And I really hated sounding like a girl, BUT MY BUTT HURT!

"Hahahahah you should've seen the look on your face! PRICELESS!" Rachel said in between her laughs. Tears were streaming down her face and she was clearly enjoying herself. As much as I wanted to get her back for doing this, I couldn't bring myself to it. 

"Fine! Now we're even! But, mark my words Rachel! You will regret it, and you will suffer.." I said with a fake a dramatic accent. 

"Oh cut the act. I hope you aren't going to sit around in the water the whole day 'cause it's getting pretty late and we have to be at the beach house for the barbecue. Our parents are going to flip if we arrive late at the one event they're hosting."

I looked around and noticed she was right. It was getting dark and we had to start heading back. 

We made our way towards the shore, and gathered up our belongings from the ground. Rachel was already near the car, and I was about to start walking as well, when-

SMACK!

A ball had hit me at the back of my head and my body jerked forward from the force. I looked behind myself to find the guy responsible, but I got confused when I just saw a girl running towards me. 

Dressed in a hot pink bikini, she had blonde hair and was really sexy. She looked about my age, and her body had an athletic touch to it. 

"Oh my gosh I'm SO sorry! I really didn't mean to hit you!"

I ran my hand over my head and noticed a slight bump. 

"Not a problem, but DAMN you can throw!"

"Well, people do say I have the strength of a man. Does it hurt? Here lemme check. "

She gently felt the bump and massaged my head a bit. Instantly, warmth spread over my body. 

"Wow, what did you do?" , I said impressed. 

"It's something I learnt at med-camp. It's supposed to ease the pain."

"Hmm, I can tell you it definitely works. I'm -"

"JASON WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!"

"I think your girlfriend's getting pretty pissed." 

"Oh, Rachel? She's not my girlfriend! So, I was saying I'm Jason. And you are?"

"She's not?"

"No, she-"

"JASOOOOOOOOON!!!"

NOW, I was annoyed!