0.7

"Afternoon Samantha dear," Mrs Renold smiled as I sauntered into the almost empty music room.

"Afternoon miss," I smiled back politely as I walked toward the store cupboard where I stored my guitar each morning when I arrived at school.

"Oh wait Samantha honey before you start practising, I was wondering if you could help my nephew Calum here? He's been working on a half term music assignment but he plays bass and sings but the piece needs a bit of telecaster," she nodded towards the raven haired boy who was hunched over his bass. He met my gaze for a second, giving me a brief smile before continuing his tuning, "I'd help him but-"

"She's forbidden being my Aunt and all, I'm Calum as you've probably guessed," Calum chuckled cutting his aunt off who then left the room telling us she was heading for her break, "It's okay if you don't want too, she did sort of spring that on you. I could always ask my mate, he's a drummer,"

"No it's cool, I'd love to help, I'm Samantha by the way," I nodded a little too eagerly and he chuckled.

"Really? Awesome! I was thinking of doing a cover of uptown funk but like a punky version?"

"Like Against The Current and Set It Off did?" I nodded in approval smiling.

"Yeah just like that! You know them?" His eyes widened with excitement when I nodded, "Ahh man it would be awesome if we could make my half term just like that,"

"Yeah, god I love that video," I replied humming the familiar tune in my head.

"I'd better get to class anyway but uh thanks for helping me out with this," he smiled widely, "Your music taste already tells me we'll be great friends,"

"You know it," I laughed, "Here let me put my number in your phone and you can text me whenever you wanna get started okay?"

He nodded handing me his phone and I quickly put my number in his phone before noticing my contact name, "lil chrissy huh?" I chuckled and quickly sent myself a text.

"Yup," he popped before saluting me and leaving the classroom. Quickly saving Calum's number under "kaylum" I starting heading towards the store cupboard.

A small smile etched it's way on to my face as I swung the door open and there sat my old guitar; with a black silk ribbon tied scroll tied to its neck.

'Baby you're perfect'