1:55am

1:55am

jane and vienna made it back to the lobby in a matter of minutes, their terrified screams echoing in the hallways of the old hospital.

they found their way back to where glenda and susannah were sitting, scared out of their minds, both of them huddled on one of the couches. when they saw the looks on the two other girls' faces, they felt their hearts drop. it was clear that there was nothing more they could do for nancy. they had heard the screams of pain coming from deep within the halls of the hospital.

nancy was very likely dead.

the two girls stopped in front of their friends, on the couch across from them, and plopped down breathless. jane held her hands to her chest, trying to regain her breathing, but it was very difficult. they had ran back without stopping and it was a ways away from where they found nancy.

"what happened?" susannah asked them, eyes peeled in fear.

"nancy's dead." jane cried in response. she hadn't known nancy, or vienna and her friends for that matter, but it was still a bad experience to see someone die that way. and it affected her a lot. she had always heard the stories about the hospital being haunted, and she knew that it was highly likely that none of them would survive.

vienna hissed rather angrily, "you didn't want to go in and help her!"

"why do you suddenly care about her?" jane accused. "you're a self-centered bitch, vienna price. so don't come and try to give us a lesson on morals."

"i just think we'd be better off sticking together." the heiress shrugged.

but jane had been right about her. the whole grief bit she was doing was an act. for vienna price the only thing that mattered was keeping herself alive. she only wanted to pretend to care, to keep susannah and glenda on her side. then she would discard them to save her own life when the time came. the last person she would resort to using was jane. but she needed jane alive as long as possible because she knew the hospital better than anyone.

"what are we going to do now?" glenda wondered.

"i think we should stay in the lobby, and stick together. two of us can keep watch while the other two sleep." jane suggested. 

"i volunteer glenda and suse to keep first watch." vienna said.

the two girls were afraid, but they nodded in agreement. at least they would all be together and if there was any danger, they could just wake vienna and jane. surely they would know what to do. 

jane handed them her flashlight and her gun, vienna did the same. they wouldn't be needing them while they slept, and perhaps glenda and susannah could use them if they saw anything suspicious. not that guns and flashlights would be any match against entities from the past. 

"the doors and windows open up again at eight in the morning," jane reminded them, trying her best to keep her calm. "there are about six hours until then. keep watch until the clock strikes five and then wake us up. and wake us up if anything happens, okay? do not wander off on your own."

"but don't wake us unless one of you is dying." vienna warned.

susannah gulped, but nodded her head in agreement. she and glenda sat facing opposite ways, so that they could see everything.

vienna and jane laid on the couch they had been sitting on. the rich heiress quickly drifted off to sleep, reassured that she was safe for a couple of hours. it took jane a bit longer to fall asleep, her fears engulfed her thoughts. but once she was able to momentarily shake them, she was able to drift into sleep.

-

a filler chapter today, but i promise the next one will be good. anyway, i hope you all had a very merry christmas! thank you so much for reading and supporting this story, as well as many of my other ones.

blessings!

-clary xx