Part 20

-Alexa's POV-

Zach fell asleep on my shoulder crying himself to sleep. Zach and his grandma were really close. He told me that every summer his parents would leave him with his grandma while they went to work. They spent all day of the summer together since forever. It was now 3 o'clock. I got a call earlier from the crew saying they would come tomorrow and they just want me to be with Zach for a day since we are the closest. I was starting to get hungry I skipped lunch and only had breakfast. I nudged Zach to get up.

"Hey Zach" I whispered. It took my at least 5 nudges for Zach to finally wake up.

"Yea what's up" He said.

"I'm gonna get something from the vending machine. Want anything?" I said getting up from the chair and checking my pocket to make sure I had money.

"Um no I'm good thanks"

"Okay I'll be a second" I said walking out the door. I waited in line for the vending matching until is what my time. I got some beef jerky and a sweet tea. I walked back to the room to see Zach in the chair crying. I put my food on the table and sat down next to him. I put my arm around him and he rested his head on the shoulder.

"Shh Zach it's okay" I said trying to major him feel better.

"I just want her to be better. I want to hear her voice. I want her to be there for me!" Zach said starting to get angry.

"Zach you do realize that's pretty selfish of you?" I said chuckling. Zach smiled and said

"Yea I know but I just miss her" Zach got off my shoulder and just stared at me.

"What?" I said staring back and him.

"Nothing it's just that I'm extremely lucky to have you as my best friend"

Zach's POv

Saying those words just killed me. I don't want to be her best friend I want to be more than best friends. I FREAKING LOVE HER! but I can't do anything because she's going out with Austin. When I told her that I was lucky to have her she said she loved me. I knew she didn't mean it like I wanted her to mean it but I still liked hearing it from her. We sat in silence for a little just looking at my grandma.

"Alexa" I blurted out.

"Yea Zach" she said looking at me.

"This probably isn't the right time to tell you but you're the girl" What was I saying! Why was I saying this?

"What do you mean?" She said clueless of what I was saying.

"You are the girl I like. The girl I can't like cause you're dating someone. And that someone happens to be our best friend." ZACH WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Alexa just stayed quiet for a little. I couldn't take the silence anymore so I just walked out of the room.

Alexa's POV

Did Zach just admit he liked me? Ugh I'm in deep pool right now. I didn't know how to respond so I just sat there. The next thing I knew Zach walked out. I decided to give him so fresh air and just let him have a breather for a little. I went up to his grandma and sat down next to her. I then started talking to her.

'Hey grandma Dorsey. Long time no talk. I just want to let you know that whatever happens I'll be here for Zach. I'll be there for him threw the heartaches because he misses you. I'll be here for when he just needs a shoulder to cry on or when he just needs to vent. I'll be there for him forever because he's my best friend and I loved him' I grabbed her hand and a tear streamed down my face. I wiped it away and kissed her hand. Then the door opened up and in walked Zach. He came in with puffy eyes. I walked up to him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry about that I don't know what I was thinking but it's true about what I said" Zach said. I pulled Zach away from the hug but kept my hands on his shoulder.

"Zach you know I love you but I'm trying to work things out with Austin" I said staring him in the eyes. He looked away from me looking disappointed. I kissed his cheek and hugged him again.

"And plus there are billions of over girls that are swooning over you that are way better than me" I said pulling away from the hug. He gave me a half smile and walked back to the seat. I sat down next to him.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Zach asked sadly. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine.

"Zach don't worry everything will turn out fine" He smiled back at me. It was now 7 and I should be heading home. Since Austin did not come I was kinda stuck here. I would probably just call a taxi.

"Zach I should go now" I said breaking the silence.

"Do you have to?" He asked sadly.

"Yea I do. Do you want to sleepover at my house?" I asked Zach.

"Do you think that'll be fine with your parents since its a school night?"

"Yea it will be fine" I said reassuring him.

"Okay we can take my car." He said his goodbyes to his grandma and reassured her he will be back tomorrow even though she couldn't hear him. Zach called his mom saying he'll be staying at my house and she said she will pick him up tomorrow to bring him back. We got to the elevator and pressed the lobby button.

"So when do you think you'll go back to school?" I asked Zach.

"Probably Wednesday" He replied. I simply nodded and walked out the elevator. We found his car and drove back to my house.

-----------

Hellloooo! Okay so chapter up and sorry if its shorts I'm writing this at 1:30 in the morning because I woke up feeling sick and I needed something to make me keep my mind off my sickness. So anyways Zach admits he likes Alexa. Yup. I dont know when the next update will be cause we are currently going threw the process of moving. Okay so please vote and comment. When you guys comment it makes me want to update faster because it encourages me and makes me know that you guys like it. I also don't mind if you write what you don't like so I know what to change. So comment what you do like or comment what you dont.