Chapter 9: Sacrifice of the Innocent Lamb

A/N: I honestly don't have any words for this chapter. This isn't how this story was supposed to go but honestly, it's turned out better, but this chapter honestly has left me speechless. I don't even know how to describe it because I know what's going to happen and you will all probably hate me for a while. But enjoy.xx

******

"Louis, you need to calm down." Louis tightens his grip on the steering while and continues to speed down the highway.

"No, I need to get to Harry before the bastard hurts him," Louis snaps out as he passes a car. Liam rolls his eyes, gripping the dashboard when Louis jerks into another lane.

"You can't help him if we're dead now can you?" Sometimes Louis wishes he was. Wishes that Aaron would have killed him when he was finished with him. Wishes Aaron would have never met Harry. If Louis was gone nothing would have connected the two, it's his fault.

But then he thinks about how Harry may have been the one it happened too. If Louis wasn't here, it may have happened to his Hazza and that makes his heart drop. Maybe this has all happened for a reason, even if he doesn't know yet. Maybe he suffered the pain so Harry wouldn't have too. Maybe he's supposed to save Harry from experiencing worse.

And if he had never met Harry, he wouldn't have saved him from his foster father, he would probably be getting a beating or maybe dead.

Louis lets his foot off the brake gently, slowing down to 75 mph.

"I can't deal with this, I need him to be okay," Louis whispers, a tear falling for his friend. Louis relaxes when Zayn places a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Everything will be okay." Louis sighs as he turns to get off the highway. Only a few more minutes.

"I sure as hell hope so." Liam hands him a bottle of water when they stop at a stoplight.

"See, we're almost there." Louis nods his head slightly as he starts to drive, looking at the street names.

"You do realize you're going to have to tell him, right?" Louis runs a hand through his hair as he nods, turning onto Ed's street.

"Yeah, I know." Louis hands the water back to Liam. He rests his hand on his left hand, driving with the right.

"Are you ready to tell him?" Louis lets out a sigh as he pulls into Ed's driveway. He sees Harry on the steps, smiling when he and Louis make eye contact.

"I have to be. For him." Louis parks the car and gets out, running to Harry and picking the smaller lad up in his arms. Harry wraps his arms around Louis' neck, hugging him tightly, Louis holding him just as tight.