Chapter 7

Ringo walked into the breakfast area to the table that he and the boys normally would sit at. George and Maureen were the only people at the table and sat talking to each other. Ringo walked to the table and stood behind Maureen and she stood up and pecked him on the cheek.

"Good morning beautiful." Said Ringo to Maureen.

"Oh you think that I'm pretty?" George replied sarcastically in a feminine voice.

Ringo rolled his eyes and replied, "Of coarse not George I was talking to my girl Mo."

"Good morning to you too Ritchie." Maureen sweetly told Ringo.

They both sat down close to each other while eating their breakfast of toast with jelly, bacon, eggs, and biscuits.

After breakfast they all got up and went to start the school day, George going to language arts while Ringo and Maureen went to their dorms to pick up their books. Outside of Maureen's dorm they kissed goodbye and wished each other a good day.

The day went by with its usual mix of boring lectures and test reminders, very uneventful until it was time for history. Ringo walked down the hall towards the classroom and noticed that Maureen was standing outside the classroom not going in. He came up beside her, held her hand and told her that he was not going to let anything happen. With those words she took a deep breath and walked in.

They sat down in their normal seats and he still was holding her hand for reassurance. Mr. Kite walked up to Maureen and Ringo while Ringo watched him carefully. 

"Miss Cox, I would like to apologize for my indecent behavior and I want you to know that it will never happen again." Mr. Kite said with the occasional nervous glance towards Ringo.

"I'll make sure of that." Ringo warned just loud enough for the teacher to hear but soft enough for Maureen to not be disturbed by it.

Mr. Kite walked away and began teaching the lesson of the day.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Ringo asked Maureen and she shook her head. The rest of class went just fine and she calmed down very well.