Chapter 12

George was awakened by a small knock on the door followed by a soft woman's voice.

"George, is everything ok?" It was Pattie.

"Yeah I'm fine go back." George replied, trying to hide how shaky his voice felt.

"Well you don't sound okay, let me in." 

'Darn, how do girls do that!?' George thought.

"Fine but give me a second." George used this time to make himself less beastly.

"Come on, George, I'll be old and ugly by the time you open this door!" This made George chuckle slightly.

George opened the door and let Pattie in then sat back down on the sofa. He tried to act normal but his emotions were so thick that a knife would do no justice in cutting through. Pattie sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Can you tell me why you ran out like that?" 

"I'd prefer not to, Pattie."

"Please, I won't tell another soul."

"Pattie...is it true that you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, George, does it matter?"

"Pattie, I think that I'm falling for you."

Pattie had a look of pure shock painted on her face but it softened to something that George couldn't read.

"George, I feel...the same but I can't just break up with my boyfriend out of the blue."

"Then I'll do it for you, what ever it takes for you to be mine." 

"No, George, I'll do it myself...tomorrow maybe."

With this George smiled because he finally won the game. He felt great even though though they weren't official yet, but tomorrow would be great. 

George flew out of the room in joy and back to filming. He felt invincible and tomorrow he really would be. He could hardly wait.