23- More Time

Seven months later
Karina POV

"Shut up nigga. Go get the damn door."I spat.

"I'll go get the door."he got up and disappeared. I heard his and another voice.

"I'm looking for Karina."the woman said causing me to sit up and drop my pizza in my plate.

"Baby, some woman hea' fa' ya'."Dreux shouted. I got up and went to the door. It was like my reflection was staring back at me. I blinked a few times.

"...... Mom?"I asked.

"Karina. Baby, I'm so glad to see you!" She smiled and pulled me into a hug. I was so shocked, my hands just hung at my sides.

"Guess I'll just give y'all some time."Dreux uttered as he walked away from the scene.

She pulled back and looked at me, smiling.

"Aren't you going to invite your mother in, darling?"

"Um, oh yeah. Make yourself comfortable."I said leading her to the living room.

"Honey, I just want to say that I am sorry for leaving you with that bastard and your brother."

"What about the cancer?"

"No, I faked like I had it. I had to get away from your step-dad so I faked dead."

"So, he wasn't my real dad?"

"Nope."

"Well where is my real dad?"

"He died when you were four, I have his ashes in a urn at my home."

"You are sick."

She looked taken back by my remark.

"You let them take advantage of me and you know it."

"Take advantage of you, what?"

"They used me. Both of them. Me ex-dad and brother. You let them rape me."

"I'd never let them do that so apparently it happened after I left."

I could barely say anything due to my sobbing.

"Karina, I'm sorry. I regret leaving you the most. You needed that mother figure and I clearly didn't give you the proper care back then. So that's why I'm here now. To fix it. To move past it. To finally have a mother daughter relationship with you."

"You don't understand."

"Well then make me understand. "

It was then that I broke down and told her absolutely everything. Eventually, we moved past that topic and we're talking about different things.

"So is that why you have that ring? Engaged?"

"Mhm."

"Are y'all having sex, girl, you know I taught you to wait till marriage."

"Yes mama, we are having sex. But I waited till he asked me the question."