2

I hope you guys enjoyed the first part because i really enjoyed writing it! sorry it was short, i wrote it at 2:00 in the morning and i fell asleep. **I DONT OWN ANY OF THE FAIRYTALES OR CHARACTERS, all credit goes to writers** Anyway, who do you think the "evil stepmother" is? does she have any other siblings? Read and find out.

MAYAS POV

I watch from the window as i see my sister, Riley, walking through the door. She smiles at me and fast walks straght down the stairs to her room in the basement. My stepmother treats her awfully. The only reason im not doing hard work like Riley is because of my hair. A stupid thing to practically abuse somone because of, if i may add. My hair is yellow, and if you cut it, it turns brown. My stepmother practically drools over it everytime i walk into her bedroom. Yellow is valued in my kingdom, so my stepmother cannot bare to lose it.

I look down at my plate of food. Bread, cookies, a fancy drink my stepmother loves, and a breast of duck with a sunflower seed puree. My stomach is the size of a pea, and i had the piece of bread and the cookie before i took my plate and slowly tip-toed over to the stairs.

A couple more feet left...

Almost there...

one more step...

I feel a cold finger twirl my hair and i release a huge breath of air. I hadnt even realized i was holding my breath. 

"Sweetie, what are you doing?" topanga, my stepmother asks? Her voice sounds sincere.

"Bringing food to riles?" i say. Topanga startes at me, than smiles.

"I just let her eat some duck, she is already full!" topanga exclaims.

"Let me just take that," her hand snatches the plate from mine, "and feed it to the pigs. ok?" my stepmother says happily.

I watch her walk away and rush down the stairs to riley. i see her, in the corner of the room, sitting on her bed of hay. In her hand, there is a mouse. She looks like she hasnt eaten in days. My stepmother must have been lying. I hear her lightily singing and i sit down on the stair step and listen. 

"Her voice is amazing, much better than mine. i should tell stepmother about her voice. Maybe she would let Riles take singing lessons so she could get even better. maybe then she would stop treating Riley as a slave. Maybe then, everything would get better for her." Thoughts jumble around in my head.

i bound up the stairs and run to find stepmother. 

"Stepmotherr!! Topanga!!" I scream. 

"Yes, my darling?" Topanga comes from behind me, and pulls strands of my hair back. 

"Riley is a fantastic singer!!!" I smile as i say this, eager to finally save riley.

"She is so great, she could make us a lot of money. We could get her lessons and  walk around town and the market telling people abour her and her singing. People wpuld be amazed and we could bring Riley to the market to sing songs. Word about her voice could spread and we could travel to ther kindoms so people cou-" 

"Riley has no talent. Riley has no beauty. UNless you are talking about a different Riley, your idea will never happen" She cuts me off.

Her cold fingers hook onto my chin and her blue eyes stare into my soul.

"Never will Riley have a great life. Ok my stepdaughter?" she says sternly.

"ok, stepmother..." i mumble.

"What did you say maya?" she asks.

"OK.... stepmother" i repeat louder and clearer.

Topanga releases my chin and my eyes glitter with tears.

"You know how much i hate mumbling," she walks away without another word.

Im left standing here wondering how i even ended up here in the first place.