5

Thanks for commenting and voting!!!.

COMMENT AND VOTE! I've been wanting more feedback so i know how to make this story better.

WARNING MILD CURSE WORDS ... theyre literally like the least hurtful ones ever though so

Riley POV

( z=zay r=riley )

Zay stands there uncomfortably and he rocks on his yellow shoes. "I'm a peasant who is visiting the fields?" He says very suspiciously. He gives me a confident smile, but his eyes fill with nervousness.

I have a feeling he's lying already, but I have to try to get him to say it himself. "So you're a peasant, wearing clothes worth more than my entire house?"

"Ummm... Yeaaahhh. My family struck rich but still wanted to live in the market near all of the small towns. For, ya know, fresh fruits. Fruits are always available for my mom and I, and we like to eat healthy."

He rambles with uncertainty and I can't help but laugh to myself about how bad of a liar he really is. If you have ever lived with someone as mean and cruel as my stepmother, deceit becomes a way of life.

"For fruits. Huh. See, the way I think about your situation is that if you were really that rich you could live in the houses next to the palace. Those houses get even fresher and cheaper fruit than in the market."

He stands there, swaying with the wind, and looks like he is in deep thought. Probably coming up with his next lie. But as I wait, I start to fully notice ALL of the yellow he is wearing. Nobody except royalty can wear that much yellow. Even rich nobles wear only yellow jackets and pants. Wait... could he be royalty? I shake off the idea and continue giving him a death look.

I'm done with his games and I straightforwardly say "So your lying, anyone in their right mind can see that, and tell me the truth before I punch you in the face."

I give him an innocent but daring smile. I've used this trick on my stepbrother many times before when he tries to take anything from my room. Just make him tell the truth, then threaten, then get what you want! It works every time. Every. Single. Time.

Zay doesn't have to ponder what he says next. "Okay, miss bitch, I'll tell you. I'm a member of the royal family, and if I weren't at your house, then I could've had you thrown in jail and executed for just threatening a punch at the prince."

I gasp and bow immediately, letting him know that I wouldn't have been so disrespectful to him if I had known his status. I guess my 3 step system doesn't work every time.

Prince Zay laughs and falls on the ground. I stand above him, awkwardly, and I pet his horse Jeffrey.

Zay says something breathlessly from his fit of laughter. "Don't worry, I wouldn't throw a beautiful women like you in jail."

I can feel my cheeks getting red and hot as he compliments me. I had no idea anyone, especially a prince, would be interested in my looks.

"I was once a commoner, but then my mother remarried the King. Now I'm 18 and still have no manners" Zay says out of the blue.

"Believe me, I could definitely tell. About the manners part, at least." I laugh at my answer.

I lay down on the ground next to him and I can already start to feel an easiness between us.

Everything in the world suddenly seems to look brighter. The clouds, white as my pale skin instead of the dark, gray color they have been the past few days. The grass, green as it's ever been. The sunflowers, yellow like the sun.

Zay intertwines our hands and starts to sing. He was a really good singer, but he was singing a song I was unfamiliar with. I turned my head and see a smile larger than life as he echoes the words.

I smile as wide as he is and continue to look at the sky. He stops singing and laughs. His hand touches my cheek and he turns my head to the side. We stare at each other until he fidgets and slowly gets up from the ground

He smooths off his yellow shirt and smiles at me as I get up off the ground, confused.

"I must go, I've been here for far too long." Zay says.

I finally snap out of my trance and notice the sky is darker and there are wisps of pink and purple in the distance.

He kisses my hand and starts to speak again.

"But this is the most fun I've had the entire time of being prince. Trust me on that."

I suck in a breath at the compliment he just gave me. He turns around to face his horse and puts on his shoes and jacket. He gets ready to mount his horse, but then he stops. He turns back around, and kisses me.

Like actually kisses me.

And the great thing is, I don't pull back.

SOOoOOOOoo... i really like this chapter and this one pretty much shouts at you ZALEY!!! dont forget to recommend this to all of your friends and tell other users about this story because i work super hard on this!!

CONTEST:

COMMENT THE 3 FAIRY TALES I'VE USED SO FAR AND ILL GIVE YOU A SHOUT OUT!!!

hint... mayas pov ( 2 ), name of the story, and the well ( 5 )

**I DONT OWN ANY OF THE FAIRYTALES**

(i promise the story will get better just pleeeaase be active)