6

Lucas's POV

My hairdresser has been combing my hair for the past 45 minutes.

No joking.

I hold the mirror my mirror up and my hair looks the same as it did 45 minutes ago.

Literally.

And of course, as any other teenager would, I would get up and inform the hairdresser that he is wasting my time when I could be doing other things.

But I can't.

I'm the prince, soon to be king, and if I did that, word would pass around the kingdoms that im rude. And of course, as the people never can tell the same story, the story would probably turn in to something completely different.

I could imagine it, the outer areas hearing the rumor that the prince killed his hairdresser after receiving a perfect haircut. They would all join together to riot the kingdom and make sure that I would never become king or else they would all meet the same fate as my hairdresser. I would never be king, I would be dead, our kingdom would go into failure and chaos, and then we would all die.

So I'm just going to have to wait a whole nother' hour before I can do something else.

Isn't that great?

- - - - - - - -

My hairdresser finally finishes as he looks at my hair as if it is a masterpiece. I roll my eyes and walk away. I walk down 3 flights of stairs and reach the wing that holds my room and my 8 servants rooms.

I catch Zay walking the other way, to his own wing, and shout at him.

"Zay!" I run towards him and he looks at me with a mischievous gleam in his eye. He smiles and then walks to his room. He pulls his key from the pocket of his yellow jacket and opens his door.

"Come in!" He invites. I walk in to his room, and sit on his guest chair, which is next to his leather chair.

Zay shoes his servants out and shuts his door fully. In the castle, a shut door means a private conversation that no one should hear. And Zay never has private conversations with anyone.

Anyone.

He takes a deep breath and looks troubled by what he is about to say. As a king in training, I was taught to give people space when they look troubled, but still look concerned and not bored. You have to be patient and allow them to be comfortable around you, but not for them to be scared to say something.

"I met a girl today." Zay begins to speak. "And I really like her, even after one day of meeting her. And she lives in a large home in the most thriving sunflower farm in the kingdom. But the house she lives in is so familiar, and I can't help but think about Maya."

I don't know who Maya is, but I do know that when Zay does talk about a certain girl that he lights up and cant stop talking.

Zay laughs at himself and continues. "You probably have no idea who Maya is. Well, before I came here you know how I was very poor?"

I nod. I had heard of his situation and it was very hard to imagine.

"My mother and Father always tried to make me feel like we had enough. They spent most of my father's earnings on a small school about a mile away from the tent. I was in that school for about 8 years of my life, 7- 15, and I learned nothing there academics-wise. The teachers sat there and talked about plans to overrule the kingdom. For 3 of the years, I listened to the teachers saying they needed more money and that the royals spent their well-earned salaries on their fancy yellow clothes. Eventually, all except one teacher quit. His name was Mr. Sholand, but he told everyone to call him John. John knew that most of his students didn't care about actually learning, so he taught us life lessons. Like, how to survive without income, or how to make friends and alliances with enemies and friends. Originally, our class had about 40 students. As more parents found out that their kids weren't learning, they took them out of the school. Towards my final years, there were only 7 kids there. And Maya was one of them."

**Cough** **Sneeze** **kinda sorta cliffhanger?!**

I must be getting a fever because I never do any of these things.

Well, if you've lived through the past few chapters with me, you know the drill.

Vote! Comment! Recommend! Put in your libraries and reading lists!