The dance (Pt. 1)

Applejack's POV

Everything was going perfectly, they arrived at the dance, and were so far having a good time. Twilight and rainbowdash were at the bathroom, only because twilight was scared of going alone. Pinkie dragged fluttershy to the middle of the gym, which was the 'dance floor'. So, that left her and rarity alone. She felt so lucky to have gone to the dance with such a beautiful girl, although she kept asking this same question in her mind.

'Is this just a one time thing? Or are they officially dating?' Applejack didn't know the answer. She desperately wanted to ask rarity, but what if she declined or was just using her...

'No, rarity wouldn't do that. Besides, think of the kiss aj. That was a real loving kiss.' She thought. 'And why would someone like rarity use someone like me?'

She felt a little shake and looked up, "huh?"

"You okay?" Asked rarity, "you just randomly put your head down...are you feeling ill?"

Applejack blushed with embarrassment, apparently she put her head down while thinking. "Uh...n-no, just y'know...thinking." She said quietly.

Rarity nodded, gosh this girl made applejack's stomach fill with butterflies. She was so stunning in her purple dress and her nicely styled bun. It was almost impossible to say rarity was not one of the most beautifulest girls at this dance. Applejack looked around the gym room.

"So applejack, anything you want to talk about?" Rarity asked. She took applejack's hand and walked her to where the snacks and drinks were at. Applejack shook her head and watched as she served herself some fruit punch. Rarity nodded and sipped her cup of fruit punch, she looked around.

'C'mon aj...do it' Applejack thought to herself. She hesitated.

"You know applejack, I'm having fun. Thanks for asking me..." Rarity said as she looked at her.

Applejack nodded with a slight blush, she was about to say something. But then pinkie pie burst in, "Incoming message! Hey applejack! Rainbowdash wants to see you I dunno why, but she just wants to! She said it was important! And the message has been received!" Pinkie pie skipped off.

"I wonder what that's about," rarity said, with her cute little accent.

"Me too. I'll be right back sugar cube." Applejack smiled at her and rarity smiled back. Applejack turned around and walked around to find pinkie, "pinkie!"

"Yes?" She popped out of nowhere again, which aj was already used to.

"Where does rainbowdash wanna meet me?" She asked.

"Oh! Outside in the school's soccer field! I'm pretty sure she wants to finish that game you guys didn't finish," pinkie smiled and skipped off again.

Applejack sighed, she already let that go. Why can't rainbowdash? She sighed again and headed out to the soccer field. As she arrived, she noticed  little lights that were set up like a walk way. They lead to a well-dressed rainbowdash, holding a beautiful orange rose...

Applejack's favorite color.