Chapter 5: Brooms and Barrows

I stared at the teacher curiously. I stood next to Malfoy who kept smirking at Harry Potter. Not to be a rude one but didn't find Harry Potter all that great. Not to be mean I mean he seems like the cocky type.

"Alright Class! (Y/N)." Mrs. Hooch smiles and bows. Everyone looks at me again.

"Please stop with the bowing. I don't even know why people do this." I mumble and avert my eyes to the broom.

"Oh well alright. Ahem! Shout 'up' to your broom and see if it goes to your hand. It's quite tricky." Mrs. Hooch laughed slightly and took a step back. I shrug and stare at the broom.

"Up." I command. It goes to my hand immediately. I look at Mafloy who stared at me proudly.

"Up!" He commands. It goes to his hand willingly. Harry Potter gets his to go up. Everyone else is having trouble. "Well isn't this fun?" He joked slightly. After about that Neville had to be rushed to the nurse because of a broken wrist because he got out of control with his broom. I sighed and watched at Malfoy and Harry began to fight over the ball Neville had.

"Malfoy...." I mumbled and got on my broom. I've rode a broom before which is why I'm such a master at it. He stares at me with his signature smirk. He hands me the ball. I stare at it. Time to be the Slytherin that Aunty was. I launch that sucker far away from Harry. He stared at me with a glare before going after it. I dive back to the ground.

Malfoy joins me and high fives me. I sigh sadly. Father and Mother would've wanted me to do that. Like a true Slytherin. "You have a hand on you! (Y/N)!" He shouts and pats my back. I blush and rub my arm shyly. Ron stares at me. I mouth 'sorry.' He nods and gets hit in the nose with his broom. I gasp but say nothing.

Harry catches the ball and flies back to the ground. He glares at me and Malfoy. My head hangs low. So much for keeping a low profile. I should've just laid off. Malfoy looked at Harry back and sent a glare. Professor McGonegall (I don't think I spelled that right) came rushing out. She grabbed Harry and brought inside.

~~~~~~~

After Broom Class was done (I'm calling it that) I walked by myself to my next class. "(Y/N)!" I hear a male voice say. I look back and see Harry Potter. He stomps up to me. I wince. "Why would you do that?!" I looked back and forth.

"I don't have a choice Harry.. If I did then I would've done something else. Please understand." I say. I expect him to yell at me but he puts a hand on my shoulder. I gasp at the shock it sent through me. "Uh-Uhm.."

"Also me and Ron don't know where the next class is." He spoke. "We figured you could get us off the hook." He said with a grin. I giggled an led ran away to the next class. They both followed. I turn a sharp corner and saw the class. The bell thing ran not to long ago. We entered the class.

Professor Snape stared at us. He glowered. "Now why are you three late?" He asked irritated.

"I challenged them to a duel. Don't worry." I say jokingly. Snape glared. "Oh that didn't help. They needed help getting to the next class. Please do understand, sir." I spoke respectfully. He gestured to the seats. I smiled and took my seat next to Draco who stared at me.

Halfway into the class I got a note passed to me by some people. I rose my hand. "Sir I got a note." I spoke smugly. Goyle glared at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Professor Snape took it and read it.

"blood traitor'...We do not use that language against people. Especially against your own classmate." He said in a bored tone. I clenched my hand into a fist. I pushed in my chair and drew out my wand.

"Sectumsempra!" I shout and a blast of green light shot out and struck Goyle in the side. He cried out. Professor Snape quickly grabbed my hand and pushed me out of the class. He tended to the wound on Goyle's arm while I breathed heavily outside. I looked at my wand and quickly put it back into my boot.

Draco ran out of the room. He looked at me and gulped. "How did you learn that spell?" He shouted slash asked. I shrugged and held onto myself to contemplate what was wrong with me. He looks around quickly and hugs me. I didn't understand his two sides. He was certainly a mystery but who wasn't. "Are you okay though?"

I nod and sniffle lightly into his shoulder. Pansy goes around the corner but stops. She stares at the to with a mad expression. I pulled away from the hug and rub my arm.

"You certainly scared him. That was actually awesome." Draco said. I stared at him in shock. Professor Snape came out and stared at me too.

"I'm shocked to see a first year know such a spell." He spoke in an even more boring tone. I averted my eyes to the side. "50 points to Slytherin." I gasp and stared at him.

"I almost killed someone!!" I shout. He chuckles and leaves me and Draco alone. I am now even more confused than ever. So they get rewarded for hurting people? Interesting.