Chapter 45: Some Things Happen For A Reason

My hands trembled rapidly. Harry eyed me from a far as if he knew it was me. Voldemort soon spoke everyone's name before removing their masks. He went to Lucius. He removed the mask roughly.

Each of the Death Eaters fell to their knees. One person stood in front of them all. High. "Oh young (M/N). You've been such a great help. For that. Your daughter doesn't need to die."

"Thanks man. Great I was of use for no reason!" I shout loudly to signify I didn't give a crap. Voldemort laughed and went up to me. His hands caressed my face. He leaned in but just before I could do anything, a blast of light shot after him. He easily deflected.

"Oh. I almost forgot about you~" purred Voldemort before he glanced back toward Harrh who was gripping his wand tightly. I gasped for breath. It would be disgusting if Voldemort had kissed me.

The angel thing quickly let go of Harry who fell forward with a thud on the hard grassy ground. I pointed my wand at Harry.

"Young Death Eater. I'll take care of him." Voldemort muttered toward me. I only nodded. "Pick up your wand. We can do this fashionably. Like this." Voldemort held his wand to his face. I gripped my wand tightly.

Mom sent me a cast glance. Her mask secured tightly. My mask has barely faultering. "(Y/N)... Come here.." Mom muttered. I hesitated before approaching her. Somehow Harry didn't seem to be listening because suddenly a spell flew toward him when he decided to dart behind a statue. Moms gloved hands clasped around mine. "To the Malfoy Manor after this is done.. Draco can't know your alive." She muttered. "Not until after the school year. It's imperative."

I only nodded before holding onto my arm. The mark was throbbing with pain. Though I didn't know why. A blast of blue light shout at Voldemort. Harry quickly darted toward the port key. My hand reached out toward him but I quickly pulled it back when my mom got into smoke form before flying away. I followed after her with the smoke form. Lucius followed.

~~~~~~

My feet touched the ground of the platform of the Malfoy Manor. With a swish of my hair I took a glance toward mom. She panted hard. Her nose had blood gushing out of it.

"Mo-"

"Stay back!" Mom ordered, holding her nose. Part of her body crumbled a bit causing me to reach out. "Honey! Stay back!!"

Lucius grabbed me by my shoulders, holding me back roughly. I screamed and kicked to get to her but she crumbled a bit some more. Tears threatened to roll down my cheeks.

"No! Mom!!" I scream, kicking at Lucius who dragged me to the Manor doors. No. This couldn't be real. Not after everything. "Please... Lucius... Let me see her." I begged, tears now rolling down my reddening cheeks.

Lucius' grip tightened around my shoulders, but he did not move them. "I'm sorry... Orders.." He whispered. Soon the only thing I saw was ashes where the place of my mom once was.

"No!! No!! I don't want to be alone.." I whisper through tears. Lucius bent over and hugged me tightly. Though it was shocking of course I accepted. Tears collided into his robes. Though I knew he actually minded, he didn't show it at all. His hand curled around my body skillfully. Not in a flirtatious manor. "Lucius... What do I do..?"

As if on que Narcissa entered the room. At first she was confused until suddenly she saw me in the embrace. Her eyes softened before she gently walked toward us. She signaled for Lucius to let go and that's what he did. Not a moment to soon, Narcissa pulled me into a hug of her own. My hands trembled.

A mothers true love was in that embrace. I could feel the sensation that she knew exactly how I felt. Though I wouldn't expect her too, it was needed. Her hands stroked my head in a soothing manor. I would've guess she used this on Draco when he was probably younger.

"You know what's weird?" I ask through sniffles. Narcissa stroked my head softer. If that were possible. "Mom and dad are now together. Happy. So why am I not happy? I don't know what to feel. Why me? Why couldn't they live?" I ask trembling.

"My dear (Y/N). It's not what they wanted. Perhaps some things are meant to happen. You are destined for so much more.." Narcissa whispered, pulling away from the hug. She kept her hands on my shoulder to sooth me. "You mean so much to many people. Including my son."

The tears were now gone. They were now replaced with confusion mixed with happiness. She was right. My parents would've grieved as well if I had died.

"Thank you Narcissa.. I don't know what I would've done without you."