Chapter 40: Creating The Potion

I sat at the study table in the library. My fingers skimmed through pages as one landed on a spell that could easily remove the love potion.

"Professor Snape.. Could..." I gulp slightly before standing up. These ingredients were all in his closet of potions but sadly I couldn't get a single potion without him ever knowing. I ran a hand through my hair. "I can just ask but..."

A groan escaped my lips. There was a spell I could use but I'm sure that I'd get expelled for using it. Mostly because it would kill him.

"Miss (L/N)... May I speak to you for a moment." Snape asked with his usual boring tone. My lips curled into a frown. He grabbed me by the shoulder and shoved me out of the library.

~~~~~~~

"Professor Snape. What do you need?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest as he puts me into his potions closet. He looks around quickly to see if anyone is watching. "Professor-"

"Show me the mark!" Snape ordered. I tilt my head to the side. He roughly grabs my wrist and lifts up the sleeve of my robes. He stares at the mark where he saw countless claw marks of me trying to get the thing off to stop the pain. "I see."

"Sir what does this-"

"Draco had told me about your mark and how you have been resisting sleep. You should've come to Dumbledore-"

"Yeah then what?! He would've called me selfish and evil." I shout at him. Snape narrows his eyes before shoving me against the door roughly. His hand is around my neck to stop my breathing so I gasp trying to seek the air I needed. He lets go quickly before grabbing for three potions. The ones I needed for the anti love spell.

"Here. I know your trying to make an anti love potion. Don't let anyone see you make it. In the meantime. Don't get spotted." Snape commanded before gesturing for me to exit. My sleeved rolled over the marking. I didn't understand why Snape was being so kind to me.

~~~~~~~~~~

The air cooled a bit. People were practicing for the Yule ball while I was busy making the potion up in my chambers. Countless times I've spotted Pansy and Draco snogging on the couch in the room infront of the chambers where people hung out. The Slytherin one. The potion was nearly complete. I've been at this for three days. Countless times Voldemort had tried to contact me but I simply went with the 'I have to Study.'

My hands wrapped around the red substance. The liquid whirled around as if wanting to escape the container. My mind went toward Draco who was smirking by the doorway. I rolled my eyes before putting the liquid in my pocket.

"Hello filthy Mudblood." Draco spoke approaching my bed swiftly. "I hear your busy trying to prepare for the Yule Ball~"

"I'm not going." I answer way to quickly. My hands protected the bottle tightly. Draco lifted my chin up with a smirk. I slapped his hand away which caused him to laugh at me. "What's so-"

"Oh you bloody fool. You actually think I loved you?! Ha! Why would I love some royal bitch?!" Draco taunted me. My eyes glazed over with tears but I blinked them away. The tear landed on his hand. His eyes averted the tear.

My lips twitched into a snide smirk. "Get out."

~~~~~~~~~

The potion began to bubble faster. The potion was now ready to be given to the host. All of have to do was ask Goyle to slip it into his drink. Goyle and me were enemies but perhaps I could.. Yes. Brilliant.