chapter 2

**Nina's POV**

I looked at the test stick in my hand. Positive! It was positive. I was pregnant. How was this even possible. The only person I'd been with was Ian and we used protection. We'd wanted one last night before he got married and I left the Vampire Diaries. It had been a bittersweet night. All I could think right now though, was the condom must have broke. 

I went out to the living room "Jules, it's positive." I said to my best friend Julienne Hough. She talked into doing the pregnancy test after I had been getting sick everyday. "Oh my god!" said Julienne. "I'm happy for you." "I'm not happy for me!" I said. I so wasen't ready for this. "wait..who.." Julienne said. "It's Ian's." I said. "You've gotta tell him!" she said.

I knew that. I knew I had to tell him. I just didn't know how or when. Ian was married now and it was no secret Nikki and I didn't get along. She was the jealous type. And when I say jealous, I mean extremely jealous. Ian and I stayed close after ending our romantic relationship. Then he hooked up with Nikki and she wouldn't let him anywhere near me. Ian followed her around like a puppy dog. When she started showing up on set, throwing herself all over him, that's when I decided I had enough and told Julie Plec I wouldn't be renewing my contract.

"Neens! you gotta see this!" Julienne called out, snapping me out of my reverie. "What?" I say sitting on the couch with my best friend. "Look." she says handing me her iPad. It was open to a story about Ian. Ian Somerhalder walks out on Wife Nikki Reed. read the title. The article went on to detail that Ian was filing for a divorce. It said that Nikki had gone behind Ian's back and got an abortion. Ian never knew sh was pregnant. "Oh my god!" I say. "poor Ian. Children are the one thing he wants more then anything in the world." "I know." Julienne says.

If this news is true. It meant Ian was devastated. I knew how badly he wanted a family. It was the reason we broke up.  He's ten years older then me.  He was ready to take the next step and I wasn't. Pretty ironic then that I end up pregnant with his child while his wife who is supposed to give him children doesn't want them.

"If you want, I'll go with you to the doctor. "julienne says. "OH would you?" I say.  She nods and I pick up my phone and call my doctor. They scheduled me in for tomorrow. "I have to run, dancing with the Stars prep." Julienne says. We hug and she let's herself out.

It still had not sunk in yet, that I was having Ian's baby. For three years Ian had been my life. I'd set strict rules for myself. One of them was that dating coworkers was forbidden.  Then I got the lead role on The Vampire Diaries and met Ian.  There was something about him and I fought my feelings for him for so long. It turned out he was fighting his feelings for me. Finally we stopped fighting and let it happen. Those three years we were together, were the best three years of my life. It all ended when Ian wanted more than I was ready to give. I still loved Ian. We spent one last night together before walking away but he gave me his most precious gift. His baby, even if he didn't know it yet.