Chapter 6

**Ian's POV**

After Nina fell asleep, I went back downstairs. I poured myself a glass of wine and sat down to gather my thoughts. For four years Nina had been my life. After I met her, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else. I wanted to marry her but it didn't work out that way. She's ten years younger then me and wasen't ready for that. We went our separate ways, because I was determined to have a family sooner rather then later. So I married Nikki after only dating for six months. I figured I would stop loving Nina and grow to love Nikki. Now I'm in the middle of a divorce because Nikki had an abortion and I find out Nina is pregnant with my baby. Wow, what's going on here? Is this fate's way of saying Nina and I are supposed to be together.

Fate brought us together. I know it. When I first got the pilot script for The Vampire Diaries I tossed it aside. I wasen't interested in doing a Twilight show but then at the last minute I found myself driving across the country with the Vampire Diaries script going to audition.

**FLASHBACK**

I was auditioning for The Vampire Diaries today. I had not planned on doing it but my agent talked me into it. I was reading for the part of Damon Salvatore. A cocky vampire. I walked into the studio not really knowing what to expect. I was meeting with the show's creators Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson. When I arrived Julie took me back to the office we were doing the reading in. Sitting there with Kevin was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had long brown hair, brown doe like eyes and olive skin. "Ian, This is Nina Dobrev she is our Elena and you'll be reading with her today." Julie says. I shake hands with Nina while thinking to myself, I'm glad I decided to do this.

**END FLASHBACK**

Of course though it took me forever to get the part. I had to read for the network and screwed it up. Thanks to Kevin I got a second chance and got the part. Anyways, I had never wanted to end things with Nina. Life got in the way though. Now it seems life brought us back together. I needed to call my mom. I picked up my phone and called. Mom answered on the second ring. "Hello, Ian honey." she says. "Hi mom." I say. "I was getting ready to call you." Mom says. "Oh? why?" I say. "To check in on you. I'm worried about you with all this Nikki stuff." she says. "Don't worry about Nikki anymore." I say. "Something has come up."  "With Nikki." Mom says. "No, no not with Nikki." I say. "It's Nina." "Nina? What about Nina?" "Well, she and I sort of spent the night together before the wedding." I start. "WHAT?" My mom interrupts. "I did. we needed one last night together to say good-bye." I say. "Mom, she's pregnant, and It's mine."  "She's not planning on doing what Nikki did, is she?" Mom asks. "No, Nina doesn't believe in that, She's here now, sleeping upstairs." I say. "Well I always liked Nina better anyway." Mom says. "Congratulations honey and you take care of her and the baby." "I intend too! I love you mom." I say. "I love you too honey, bye now." Mom says and we end the call.

**NINA'S POV**

I wake up and find my self in a room I don't quite recognize. As I stretch and look around it all comes back to me. I'm at mine and Ian's old place. I was so relieved now that I told him about the baby. I was wearing one of Ian's tee shirts. Can't go downstairs like this. I go to Ian's room to find a robe. He was using the master suite, which had been our room. I went to the closet, found one of his robes there and put it on. I knocked over a box in the process. I bent down to pick it up and that's when I noticed he had kept all his momentos from our time together. He had pictures of us. There were a lot of pictures of us. He also had the jewelry I bought him. Why had he saved all this? I mean I too saved our stuff. I'm surprised he did. I put everything back in the box and back on the shelf.

I went downstairs and found Ian doing ISF work on his laptop. I noticed my suitcases in the corner. "Sleep well?" Ian asks, looking up at me. "Yeah, I did." I say. "I went to your hotel and got your things and checked you out." He says. "thank you, I'll pay you back." I say. "No you won't. I said I'm taking care of you and I meant it." he says. "I feel so much better now that you know." I say. "You were worried about how I'd react? Ian says. "Well I'm happy and Nina?" "Yeah?" I say. "I'm glad it's you who is having my baby." "Oh Ian you so sweet." I say. "I called my mom and told her while you were sleeping." He says. "Mama Edna? I miss her." I say. It had been a long time since I last saw the Somerhalders. "She's excited. she's always liked you better then Nikki." Ian says. I gesture at  the laptop on the table. "How's ISF?" I ask. "Awesome, I just purchased the land for the sanctuary!" Ian says. 

I need something to do here in Atlanta. So I decide to broach the subject with Ian. "Ian, since I'm going to be here in Atlanta with you, You think Julie will take me back on the show?" I say. "Oh I know she will." Ian says. I laugh. "That would be great, because I don't want to just sit around." I say. "We will go to the studio tomorrow and talk with her." Ian says. "Damon will have to take the cure" I say laughing "Yeah, cause how else would we explain Elena being pregnant." Ian laughs.