Chapter 8

**Nina's POV**

Its Friday and I can't help but be excited. I've always loved Lake Lanier. This weekend I'll get to see my TVD family again. Hopefully I make it through the weekend without any morning sickness! When Ian and I arrive there's already cars in the driveway. Ian goes to get our bags out of the car and I head into the lake house. Michael Malarkey and Kat Graham are already there. Kat runs up and throws her arms around me. "Oh my god Nina! I couldn't believe it when Julie told me!" she says. "It's true! I'm back!" I say, hugging Kat. "Glad you're back Nina!" Michael says. "Hey guys!" Ian says joining the group after stash our bags. "So Nina, what made you change your mind and come back?" Kat asks. "She's pregnant." Ian blurts. "What? you can't be serious." Kat says. "He is." I say. "We were together a few months ago to make a long story short and It's Ian's."  "Well congratulations, but what about Nikki?" Says Malarkey. "I'm divorcing her, you know that already." Ian says. 

"Hey everyone." says Paul Wesley walking in with Phoebe Tonkin. "Phoebe!" I say hugging her. "Missed you girl!" She says. "Nina! Welcome back!" Paul says Hugging me. "I guess now Defan can't happen!" We all laugh at that. Paul has always been the comedian. I've always been the prankster. I really like getting Ian to scream like a little girl! "We can have Stefenzo." Michael jokes. More laughter ensues. "What's so funny?" Candice says walking in with her husband Joe. "Julie's going to have fun writing two pregnant women into the show." I had already told candice a couple days ago when she told me her news. thirty minutes later Julie arrived and the weekend got started.

**Ian's POV**

Nina and the girls were gathered around the fire pit, while us guys hung out on the dock. "Looks like you got your wish Ian." Paul said. "Yeah, Just not exactly how I was expecting it." I say. "What ever you do don't hurt Nina." Paul said. "Hurt Nina? What are you talking about?" I say. "She never told you why she was leaving TVD in the first place?" Paul said. "No, not exactly, Just thought she felt she was ready to move on." I say. "No." Paul says, "She left because she was hurt. I guess you two were supposed to stay friends and you ended up ignoring her instead and you feeling on Nikki on set didn't help either." "I never wanted to ignore her. That was Nikki's fault." I say "She got pissed at thought of me and Nina." "Nina never stopped loving you, Ian." Paul says. "How do you know all this?" I say. "Nina pulled me aside on her last day." Paul says. "Sorry Ian, I didn't know about any of this." Malarkey says.  "Hey sorry I'm late to the Party!" Matt Davis says joining us. "I wished she had told me." I said to Paul.  "Tell you what?" Matt says. "I told him why Nina left." Paul says. "Oh .I see." Matt says. "Wait, you knew too?" I say.

I'm an idiot. There's no two ways about it. When we broke up it was with no hard feelings. We had promised to stay close friends. We did for a while. Then I got involved with Nikki and acted like such a jerk to Nina because of Nikki  being jealous. No wonder Nina quit the show. I would've quit too if I was her. My gaze traveled to Nina with the girls. She was smiling and happy. Yet, She still spent that night with me. Why? She had every right to hate me. Maybe it's not me she hates. Maybe it's Nikki.

**Nina's POV**

I have to admit, it's nice being with the gang again. Candice, Kat and I would always get together for girl time in Atlanta. I didn't realize how much I would've missed that till now. We were talking about both Candice and I being pregnant. "Julie must have had a heart attack when you told her your news just after I told her mine." Candice said. "Yeah, She did." I say. "She was quick to come up with a way to write it into the show though." "Oh, yeah? what's she planning. Candice asked. "Damon's taking the cure." I say. "Human Damon." Kat says. "Caroline's carrying Alaric's twins. Gemini Coven tricks." Candice says. "Wow! I didn't see that one coming" I say. "Neither did I." Kat says. 

"How are things between you and Ian?" Kat says. "Well, we're friends and I want him in the baby's life." I say. "But other then that.." "What happened..why you left..Don't hold it against Ian." Kat says. "It wasen't his fault." "I know that, but he could've put his foot down to Nikki." I say. "And I told him that." Kat says. "Nikki was so jealous." Candice says. "Jealous of what?" I say. "She was jealous of you. What you an Ian had." Candice says. "You know Ian never stopped loving you." Kat said. "Nikki knew a piece of Ian's heart would always belong to you." "Just like a piece of mine will always belong to him." I say. "In the end she ended up breaking his heart." Julie says joining us. "Yeah, I don't even know how she could do that. Ian wanted to be a dad more then anything." I said.

I did still love Ian. That would never change. Could I have that kind of relationship with him again?  That I didn't know. He did propose to and almost married Nikki. How do I get past that? If she hadn't done what she'd done they would still be together. I looked out to the dock where Ian was with the guys. He was a beautiful man. Ebony hair, Ocean blue eyes, amazing body and amazing personality. Any woman would be lucky to have him. He looked up and caught my eyes and smiled that smile of his. I smiled back. I know what I am going to do. I am going to stay positive and make the best of what life throws at me.