Chapter 13

**Ian's POV**

I spent the next few weeks doing a lot of thinking after Paul's  speech at dinner. Was he right? Were Nina and I somehow fated to be together? If it's true and we are soulmates then why did I marry Nikki? Obviously, It wasen't that Nina and I didn't love each other. In fact, The love was still there. We were at different places in our lives. I was ready to settle down and she wasen't. So she had let me go. saying she wanted me to do what made me happy. Instead, I ended up desperate. I couldn't put Nina behind me. I wanted to settle down, but I wanted to settle down with her!

I became obsessed with finding someone new thinking that it would put Nina behind me. I found Nikki Reed. I was in such a hurry to put Nina behind me. I rushed my new relationship I dated Nikki for six months, then proposed. I didn't even think to discuss having kids. All the while I never gave myself to her completely. Nina had my heart. I still Married Nikki, thinking once we had a baby everything would be fine. Then I find out she was pregnant with my baby and got an abortion with out telling me! She never wanted kids. Now I know she never loved me. She loved my Foundation! She wanted it for herself.

I had one last Night with Nina before my wedding. I needed to see her one last time. Hold her in my arms one last time. Now she's having my baby. The woman I have always loved is the Mother of my child. Today we are finding out if it's a girl or boy. 

**Nina's POV**

Ian looks deep in thought as I come downstairs after getting ready to go to the doctors.  It seems he's been doing a lot of thinking lately. I get it. I do. He has been through so much drama these past few months. The worst of it being Nikki taking all of ISF's funds. His lawyers were still working on getting it back. I hate myself for letting him go. I should've stayed by his side. If I had Nikki never would have happened. "Hey, You okay?" I say. "Huh? Oh, yeah. You ready to go?" Ian says. Yep, he was deep in thought. 

In the car on the way to the doctor's I decide to try and talk to Ian. "Want to tell me what's on your mind? I ask. "I heard from my lawyers this morning." Ian said. "It's not looking good for ISF." So that's what has him so upset. "What did they say?" I ask.  "We can go to court and have them order her to give the money back, but there's no way of actually making her pay it." Ian says. "Wage garnishment?" I venture. "Well, yeah there's that. My lawyer's looking into it, but you've got to wait so long before the court will order it." Ian said.  Poor Ian I knew he wanted to get his sanctuary up and ruining as soon as possible.  No matter what happens it's going to be delayed. "Hey, we can just keep raising money. We can have fund raisers and lots of other things." I tell him. "We?" Ian says. "Yes, "WE" I'm going to help you." I say. Ian smiles. "You're amazing!" He says. He pulls the car into the doctor's office parking lot.

**Ian's POV**

I can feel myself getting a little nervous and a little excited as I park the car.  Nina and I were just discussing ISF but I decide to push it all out of my head for now. We're going to see are baby and find out the sex. I help Nina out of the car and we go inside. I take a seat in the waiting area while she signs in. "You ready for this?" I ask when she sits next to me. "Yeah, I am." She says running a hand over her baby bump. I take her hand and squeeze it. She doesn't pull away. Pregnancy looks good on her.

A nurse comes and escorts us back to an exam room complete with ultrasound equipment.  After telling us the doctor will be in shortly, she leaves us alone. The doctor comes in a few minutes later. "Hello Miss. Dobrev, Mr. Somerhalder." she greets us. "Hi and please it's Nina." Says Nina. "and Ian." I add. "Nina would you please take a seat on the table." the doctor says "and we will get started." Nina get's herself as comfortable as possible on the exam table. The doctor  lifts her shirt to expose her baby bump. she spreads warm gel on Nina's abdomen while I move to stand next to Nina. I take her hand in mine and again she doesn't pull away. "Okay let's find out the sex of your baby." the doctor says and begins the ultra sound. "there'd your baby!" she says.

Once again my eyes are glued to the ultrasound. This time the baby looks like a baby. the doctor points out arms, legs, hands, feet and the head. "That's our baby." I say to Nina in awe. She squeezes my hand. She has tears in her eyes. "Okay, are you sure you want to know what it is?" the doctor says. "We are sure." Nina says. "Well then It's a girl!" The doctor says. "Daddy's little girl!" I say. "Our little girl." I correct him. "Our little girl. I say "But she's still going to be a daddy's girl!" "Hey Don't tell anyone. I want to do a gender reveal party." nina says. "Everything looks good mom and dad!" the doctor said. "We're all done for now." Ian grabbed some tissues and wiped the gel off my stomach. 

After seeing the baby on the ultra sound, I know now Nina and I have to sit down and talk. She needs to know I still love her and I need to know how she feels about me. We need to decide were we go from here.  "Nina, we need to talk." I say while we're driving home. "Yeah, we do." She agrees.  "I want to talk tonight." I say. "Sounds fine to me. We'll grab some take out from that organic place you love and talk." Said Nina.