Chapter Four

"Good morning master Joshua " the Butler greeted as he set the tray of pastries on the huge mahogany table.

"Morning " Joshua mumbled eyes glued to the documents he was reviewing in his father's study.

" I'll be off then." The Butler turned on his heels and headed for the door.

" Do you know where my father might be Regin?" Joshua questioned looking at the white haired Butler who serve his family for years.

"He went to the small village of Adamsty. Due to return any moment now." The Butler announced before disappearing behind the door.

Joshua struggle his shoulders. Maybe he went on business as usual. His father weren't a man to just sit around waiting for something to happen. He took action and Joshua couldn't be more proud to have such a father. To make things better he never once pressure him to get married after discovering his rakish behaviour. It puzzled him that he had taken it so lightly but his father had always been a difficult man to read. You never know what he would do next.

Taking a bite of scones Joshua went and pour himself some whiskey. The whiskey burn his throat like boiling water causing him to cough slightly. I think I'm getting soft. He thought with a chuckle.

The noise of a moving carriage draw him to the window. He place his hands in his trousers pocket and watch as his father climb out following a Lady behind him.

Joshua's eyes almost pop out if his head. The lady was beautiful, he had never saw a more radiant person. Her black long hair fell freely over her shoulders, her eyes ,he couldn't tell what color but they were like marbles. Her lips were light pink and probably felt soft like a cotton.

Where on earth did his father find such a lady? She look no more that eighteen. His father had really outdone himself with this new bride of his. The people of London would have a good talk about this news.

"Master Joshua your father send to make your acquaintance." Joshua chuckled as he followed the timid maid. Father you are really unpredictable.

Halley was lost for words. The house was the hugest she had ever seen. There had to be a dozen rooms within it she thought counting the windows in view.

"Come on Halley. Let's go meet your future husband." Halley turned pale she had forgotten the reason she was drag away from her home, literally drag for she wasn't getting in that carriage without a fight.

The moment of truth was here. Time to face her future and see the loath of a man she is going to married. With slow steps she followed the man she had grown to hate during the carriage ride. Who seems to be deaf when he wants to. Ignoring her nagging throughout the journey.

"Hello Regin this is lady Helley." Lord Fisher began before being cut off

"Its Halley" she corrected rolling her eyes.

Lord Fisher give her a funny look before turning back to his Butler." Is my son on his way?"

"Yes your Grace. " the Butler bowed.

"Father am I glad to see you." Joshua greeted his father engulfing him in a huge hug." What news you have for me now?"

Joshua turn to get a closer view of his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She was staring at him like he was a monster. With those big brown eyes.

Halley was shock to the spine.The man standing in front of her was so handsome! This couldn't be her future husband.

"I'll like to introduced you to--"

"I know father your wife." Joshua lifted Halley's hand and kiss it gently.

"Nice to meet you lovely lady. I must admit I can't come to call you mother as yet--"

"Joshua! " Lord Fisher shouted glaring at his son." She is not my wife ,she is yours."

Joshua look at his father then Halley with shock expression before throwing his head back and roar with laughter. " Father I thought you weren't one to jest."

Halley felt a pain in her chest at his sudden outburst. This strangely surprised her. Why should she fell this way? She doesn't want to be married and his reaction shouldn't matter. Oh but it did.

"I'm not jesting Joshua.You to are to be married before sundown." Lord Fisher said sternly.

Joshua face turn pale upon seeing his father's stern face.He was serious! "Father I would not marry her! Has everyone gone mad!"

Lord Fisher calmly walked over to the huge wooden table and picked up the small silver bell ringing it twice. With in a second Regin was in the room.

" Take Halley up to her room and get her prepare for her wedding." Halley felt like a puppet being told what to do. She didn't have a say in anything." I trust that her Lady's maid had already arrived? "

"Yes my Lord " he bowed." Come on Halley." Halley followed the friendly Butler out the drawing in an resentful state. Her life has changed and she need to make the best of it.

"Joshua, Joshua" Lord Fisher tsk at his son as soon as the door was shut." Don't ever make the mistake of talking to me like that again."

Joshua saw a face he had seen many times. It has little effect on him now than when he was a child. His father had never hit him but his scolding was more than enough. Closing his eyes tightly, he sigh he couldn't marry that girl no matter how beautiful she look. Marriage was something he never thought of doing.

" Father you can't forced me to marry a mere girl you picked up from a village that I know nothing about." Joshua chimed in angrily.

"Joshua you sleep with woman you know nothing about. Marrying a stranger should not be so difficult." Lord Fisher poured himself a glass of whiskey and sat comfortably on the sofa.

Twirling the liquid in his glass, he study his son's stern face. A face that look so much like him in his youth. He couldn't let his only son waste his life away on endless woman. " Son you know what your problem is?"

"If I have any problem father is the girl you just brought here." Joshua buried his face in his hands and he sat on the other sofa facing his cold hearted father.

"Whoring." Joshua head snap up to stare at his father." Whoring is your problem. If you weren't behaving like such a pig. I wouldn't have reach as far as I did to fetch you a wife. " Lord Fisher downed the whiskey in one glop and stood abruptly.

" Father please" Joshua pleaded, standing to his feet.

"You would marry Halley before the day is out.I had already arrange everything the guest, the dress and" he smirk at his son as he continue. " the best man."

Joshua eyes widen at how organized his father was. Seems like he was the last to know about his wedding. " Father David is on honeymoon. "

Lord David Cummings, Earl of Birmingham Was one of his true friend. They did everything together back in Eton. He was much of a rake than Joshua who was shocked to have heard he was getting married to Lady Jennifer Clark, daughter of a Baron. His friend seems to be very in love and was still on his honeymoon. His other friend was Jake, who was sailing the seven seas at the moment.

"We'll see about that. Marrying this girl ain't a punishment Joshua you will see but if you don't married her you would have me to deal with and inheritance and everything you own on this earth will be at stake." Joshua glare at his father as the door shut with a bang.

His father had even went this low as to threatened him over a girl he wanted him to marry terribly. If is a wedding he want then is one he shall get. He thought with gritted teeth.

*******

Don't forget to vote and comment :)