Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Wilson POV

I looked at my sister in confusion. "Jackie," i started calmly, "what are you talking about?" Lawson was rubbing her back trying, and failing, to calm her down.

I kneeled beside her as she explained what she saw and what happened through her sobs. Once she finished, it's like i lost all control of my body and thoughts. They're dead. They can't be dead.

I looked at my blood-stained twin on the floor, she was shaking on the floor so badly. Sobs racked through her body and all i could do was stare at her. I stood and tore my gaze away from Jackie, unable to bare seeing her this way.

I stepped over Jackie and into the hall way. I faintly heard Lawson calling my name. But my body was doing things without my consultation or permission. I walked up the staircase and opened the door to my room. I sat on the bed and stared at the floor, still not quite understanding what had just happened.

After a few hours, i no longer heard my sibling's cries of pain and her loud pleas for me to come to her. I was instead hearing the slow, heavy footsteps on the stairs.

My sister's door opened and shut after a few minutes. Then Lawson came into my room without knocking. "Dude, she needs you right now. And you need her." He pointed at her door, "Go to her. She is so shaken up by what she saw."

I lifted my eyes to Lawson, "What can i do for her? I can't bring them back, can i?" I said hoarsely. Lawson looked astonished, "You can't be serious? That girl is your freaking sister! Can't you feel how hurt she is? I'm not even blood relation and i can still feel it! So, don't tell me that you don't know how she's hurting!"

He was angry, and i couldn't comprehend why. He wasn't the one who had just lost their parents less than 5 hours ago! I stood up and loomed over him, "Get out." I said sternly. He shook his head and mumbled incoherently under his breath and left. The front door slamming was the only thing that told me he was gone.

~~~~~~~
Friday
Jackie POV

I called my boss and told him what happened. He told me to take all the time i needed, and gave me 1 month of leave with pay.

I refuse to close my eyes, fearing what is hiding behind them. So, I haven't slept all week long. I simply sit at the counter and drink coffee for hours on end, only getting up to pee. The apple i grabbed on Monday when i left for work was the only thing i've had all week.

Lawson has been over everyday after school. Currently, he is trying to get me to eat a pb&j that he prepared. "Come on Jack, you haven't eaten in 4 days! You need to eat, this isn't healthy."

I stared blankly at my 16th cup of coffee today. Taking big gulp, the scalding liquid burned my mouth and throat as it went down. I gladly welcomed the pain it provided me. I looked up Lawson, "He hasn't left his room," was all i could choke out. He looked confused for a moment, "Will?"

I nodded and returned my attention to my mug. He exhaled heavily and slammed his fist on the granite counter top. I flinched at the sudden noise. He looked at me apologetically. He peered at the stairwell and very colorfully cursed to himself. "I told him..." He mumbled before trailing off to look at me again.

"I want to go in there and fix him. He's so broken right now," shaking my head i continued, "but i can't fix someone else when i myself am broken as well."

We stayed in silence for a minute or two before i broke the quiet. "Lawson?" I asked carefully. "Yeah?" He questioned, equally careful. "Can you still take me to the party tonight?" I blurted.

Lawson stared in awe of my words. "Jackie, i'm not sure that's such a good idea. I mean, you just lost your--" i cut him off before he could continue. "Lawson, i haven't left this seat since it happened. I need to get out, please. I need to escape for a few hours. Please, Lawson." I pleaded.

He raked a hand through his hair, leaving it to stand up in some places. "Fine, but i'm only doing this because i lo--nevermind." He cut himself off. i stood up and wobbled over to him and enveloped him in a hug, "Thank you." I said weakly. He snaked his arms around my waist and squeezed, nuzzling his face in my hair.

I stepped away and told him to just chill while i got ready. I trudged upstairs and into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth viciously, i tried to rid my mind of anything relating to the accident or my parents. I took a hot shower and slipped a towel around my body. I went into my conjoining room and looked at my selection of party attire.

My eyes roamed over a white fitted dress. I shook my head, never wear white to a high school party. Or any party for that matter. My eyes settled on a black dress that came off the shoulders. It was lose from the waist up. However, from the waist down, it was a second skin, not leaving anything to the imagination. Perfect.

I shimmied into the outfit and situated it to perfection. Beautifully curled, I put my hair up into a tight ponytail with a small bump on the top of my head. The bags under my eyes were expertly concealed and i had gorgeous cat eye lining my top eyelid.

Staring at the reflection in the mirror, my mothers eyes flashed across the glass in place of my own. I jumped back and stared until my eyes were back to normal. I rushed to the closet and slipped on my black stilettos and sprayed my favorite perfume.

Shoving my keys and phone into my black sequence clutch, i dashed out the door. I closed my door, turned around and came to look at Wilson's door. My heels clicked as i walked across the hall way to his door. My hand trembled as it hovered over his door knob, but i just couldn't open that door.

Sighing i scurried down the stairs and into the arms of Lawson. He smiled gently down at me, "You look beautiful, Jackie." Blushing, i whispered a thanks and tugged his wrist to the door. Sparing on last glance up the stairs i stalked out the door.