Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Jackie POV

After i had calmed down a bit, Wilson and I returned to the lunch room to await the bell. We sat down and i looked up to see that Kay and Lawson had switched seats.

"Are you going to Kelly's back-to-school party on Friday?" Lawson asked in a whisper-yell. I shrugged, "What time does it start?"

He thought for a moment, "I believe it starts at 8:30 pm and ends at like 3:30 am. Do you need a ride?" I shook my head 'no'. "My late shift doesn't end until 9 pm. Sorry, guess i'm not going." I said disappointedly.

He laughed and tapped his index finger to my nose. "I can wait for you at the diner then when your shifts over we can go together." He said triumphantly. I considered this then held up a finger to signal him to wait a moment.

I turned to Will, "Party at Kelly's on Friday? 8:30- 3:30?" Will grinned widely, "Just let me know of our escape plan my fellow ninja." I laughed and looked to Lawson, "Will and I are going to definitely be there!"

Lawson rolled his eyes, "Oh, boy!" He said, his voice saturated in sarcasm. "What's that supposed to mean?!" Wilson asked, offendedly. Lawson set down his drink and turned to face us better.

"Every time the two of you go to parties together, crazy thing happen!" He said loudly. I rolled my eyes, "What are you talking about? They're parties. They're SUPPOSED to be crazy!"

He shook his head, "No, no. Not the kind of crazy you two bring. Remember in May, when Freddie had an end-of-year party? And the two of you showed up TOGETHER and the outside bar caught on fire because you guys tried to make 'Fired Booze'? Because 'the booze were too boring'?" He said, using hand motions throughout to illustrate his point.

I laughed at the memory. "You have to admit that the booze were boring." He threw his hands in the hair, "THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SET FIRE TO THEM!" I laughed at his reaction.

"So what you're saying is both of us need dates to keep us occupied?" He let out an exasperated sigh, "Yes." I chuckled and leaned forward to look at Kay.

"Can you be Will's date to Kelly's party on Friday?" I asked. She thought for a moment, "Is this to avoid the 'Fired Booze'?" I chuckeld and she nodded. "Yeah sure. I'll be ready at 7." She glanced at Lawson, "The drinks were pretty boring though, until they set them ablaze."

Lawson slammed his head into the table out of frustration. "That doesn't call for fire though," he said into the table. I chuckled and rubbed his shoulder blades.

"There, there. It's will be alright." He lifted his head and leaned into my hand. Which i removed as soon as the bell rang.

Wilson POV

I couldn't help but notice that Lawson looked at Jackie like the stars were in her eyes. I had never noticed unitl now, but his body language screamed "I love you and i want you to love me back". It doesn't surprise me that Jackie hasn't picked up on it yet. She's smart, but she's oblivious to the possibility that someone might like her.

I shook my head clear of the thoughts and got up as the bell rang. I grabbed my books and headed to Maths. The rest of the day going by extremely slow.

At the end of the day, I waited by the doors for Jackie because our mom had texted me and Jackie saying we needed to ride the bus home. Jackie rounded the corner with Lawson on her left and Kay on her right. My eyes flicked to Kay's and i held her gaze for a second before i pulled my eyes away to look at Lawson.

He had his hand on the outside of her waist directing her to the doors. After the incident with Andy, this simple action made me unsettled. But i immediately pushed the thought from my mind, this was Lawson. Lawson would never hurt Jackie, in fact Lawson would be the only person i would even consider for Jackie. Jackie gave Kay and Lawson hugs goodbye and jogged to me. I opened the door for her and we walked to the bus.

When we exited the bus, Jackie got out her house keys and unlocked the front door. I waltzed into the kitchen to find a sticky note from Dad saying that they had decided to start their date early and also to stay the night at a hotel. I wrinkled my nose a little, but then smiled when i realized that i was lucky to have such parents. Parents who love me and my sister and still loved each other just as much as the day they met.

"I'm headed to work, Will! I'll see you at 9:15 when i get home. Love ya!" Jackie yelled as she bounded down the stairs. I yelled a "love ya too!" and cringed as she slammed the door shut.

I grabbed some crackers and headed to the lounge. I sat on the sofa and got out all my school books that i had homework in. I grimaced at all the work. I reached for my phone and sent a quick text to Lawson asking if he wanted to come over to do homework and eat. Almost instantaneously, i received an "on my way" text. I smiled and sat back on the sofa and turned on the TV and waited for Lawson to get here.