Three- party crasher Pitch

The lanterns had been lit and her small private birthday party was beginning. Rapunzel chatted with Thiana and Astrid as Merida and Hiccup danced together on the dance floor. As she chatted with them, Punzie wondered where Jack could be. She hadn't seen him since that afternoon...

Flynn walked over. "Everything ok, blondie?" He asked, using his nickname for her.

"Yeah, I'm fine...have you seen Jack anywhere?" She asked.

"Hmm...." He looked around. "Nope." He said. He looked at her. "Rapunzel?"

"Yeah?"

"It's going to be a long night if you're just gonna stand around looking for him. It's your birthday party, have some fun!" He said. "Dance with me?" He asked.

She thought about it. "Alright." She said, taking his hand. "Until Jack gets here?"

"Done." He grinned, leading her to the dance floor.

~~~

Merida glanced over Hiccup's shoulder, watching as Flynn danced with Rapunzel. "Meri, keep staring like that and you'll burn a hole in his head." Hic said. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She muttered. "Just wondering where Jack is."

Hiccup nodded. "It's not like him to just vanish without telling anyone first." He muttered. "Wait." He paused. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what-" Merida started. The doors to the ballroom suddenly flew open, and a cold gust swept through the room, extinguishing the lights, only to relight them with cold blue flames.

"What is going on?!" Merida yelled, mentally cursing the fact that she had none of her weapons with her at the moment.

A deep chuckle echoed through the hallway outside as a dark figure walked in. "Ah, Corona. What a wonderful party you're having tonight!" He said, smirking at them. "And to think, you forgot to invite me."

"Who are you?" Hiccup asked, glaring at him.

"Who am I?" He asked. "Boy, you should know who I am. You saw what was left of the southern country." He grinned evilly.

Hiccup's eyes widened. "No way." He murmured. "You're the boogeyman." Merida stared at him in shock. The boogeyman?!

"Finally, the boy realises it." Pitch Black said, walking around them. "Hmm.... lets see, long golden blonde hair, green eyes....." He stopped, smiling evilly at Rapunzel. "Pleasure to meet you, princess."

"What do you want?" Astrid asked loudly. "You're obviously not here for the party." She glared.

Pitch glanced at her. "Quite right, I'm not." He said. "I just thought it'd be fun to pay a visit to the royal castle. You see, I'm here to do my friend- no, she can't be counted as a friend- my partner in crime, I suppose she can be called that- I'm here to do her a small favour in exchange for her help with something much, much bigger."

"And what might that favour be?" Flynn asked.

He grinned. "I'm so glad you asked." He said. "She asked me to bring her a princess."

At that moment, Merida didn't care whether she had a weapon or not. She was pretty sure she could kill him with her bare hands, dark wizard or not. If not bare hands, then fire. She stood in front of Punzie. "You're going to have to go through me to get her." She said fiercely.

"Oh, how sweet. So protective of this little golden flower." Pitch said. "Just like that Frost boy was."

Rapunzel could feel her blood run cold. "What?" She whispered. "Did- did you do something to Jack?" She asked.

~~~

Jack groaned as he sat up, clutching his head. "Wha...." He muttered as he remembered what had happened earlier. The shadows...

Pitch Black.

And what he'd said.... "Golden flower." He whispered. "No." He grabbed his staff, and shot up into the sky, ignoring the pain in his head. He had only one thing on his mind now.

Punzie.

///////////////////////////////

Sorry that I haven't been posting much lately!!! Lack of inspiration and busy with tuition....T^T