Chapter 5

I start restlessly drifting in and out of sleep. I hear something bang. My eyes fly open. I see nothing but a blurry haze of my bedrooms features. I start to turn in bed, only to notice something warm, dark, and heavy resting upon my shoulder. It takes me a moment to process and I stifle a scream when I notice it's a person. Instead of screaming, I wheeze like that of a person having an asthma attack. All my breath whooshes out of me. I am looking stranger guy in the eyes, only a foot or so from me. He puts his finger up to his lips in a 'quiet' motion. I rub my hazy, teary eyes to make sure my paranoia isn't getting the best of me. Nope. He's really next to me. I try to jump out of bed in alarm, but my senses are clouded by the vodka. I just stumble and fall into the bedframe. I manage to pull myself back onto the bed. I stay as far away as I can from him. He just stares at me, pokerfaced. I stare at him with hooded eyes. A long moment of silence is broken by him.

            He speaks quietly, yet surely, barely a whisper, "I'm sorry. Ever since we first crossed paths, I've been curious of you. You said your life was hard. I wanted to see for myself."

            "Sooooo.....you foffowed mwe home????" I stuttered in a drunken stumble of words.

            "Yes... But I was curious, you see. I have been watching you for a while, and it was all screaming and arguing until tonight. You got PHYSICAL with a man double your size!! I was worried for your safety... I'm here because you needed someone to hold onto- someone to quietly be with without blame."

            "I um reel freeked owt. You foffowed me HOME!!" I state, quite cotton mouthed. He has freaked me out, but his statement was rue. I just needed someone for comfort, whether it be stranger or not. I stare at him some more trying to read him and his intentions.  He looked non-threatening so I laid back down and he put his arm back around me. I laid against him, thinking to myself.

            "Howdyouh get in here?" I wonder aloud and point my finger at him.

            "The front door. No one was in the living room so I snuck in." he grins lopsidedly.

            My drunk brain tells me to crawl closer and take in his body warmth, since its 30 degrees or so in my room. My dad hadn't built a fire since he was off getting drunk and making bad drug deals. I crawled closer and awkwardly stuffed my hands under the side of his leather jacket. He looks at me with a cocked brow, and he kind of jerks away.

God. He thinks I'm making a move. Sick. "I'wm jsst cold." I state.

With that statement, he tightens his grip around me and pulls me a bit closer. Godamn. This is downright WEIRD.... Being drunk is not an excuse for this. I doze off in my strange haze. I wake back up a few hours later. The haze had lifted. Stranger guy was still there. Being more fully aware of the strange situation, I began questioning.

"No one knows you're here? How'd you get here? Why are you STILL here?"

"I told you I snuck in and I got here by my motorcycle. I kind of parked down the road and hid it in the bushes. Also, you fell asleep on me and I thought it would be rude to wake you, since you were snoring like a dinosaur and all." He answers.

I get consumed with a feeling of fire. THAT must be embarrassment. Ugh. I snore like a dinosaur?!? How gross...

"I DO NOT snore like a dinosaur!"

"How do you know? You were asleep!"

"I didn't come home to my own house to be made fun of by a stranger that broke in...."

I sit up and pull away from him. Since I had slept off the vodka, I felt more myself. I feel creeped out by Mr. Sexy's actions. He's stalking me. Why is he still in my room? I haven't even alerted anyone of it, either. The room is lit by my bedside lamp with the corners of the room dark and gloomy since it was still dark outside. I glance over at my alarm clock. 2:00 a.m. it reads. I glance back to... might as well call him Bast... Bast. He is sitting up against my massive pile of pillows. He is no longer wearing his jacket and I then notice that it is hanging off of me limply like a makeshift blanket. I am also surrounded by my mound of fuzzy blankets. I direct my eyes back to Bast. His shirt is a long sleeved black Henley shirt. Three buttons are up by the neck and the first one is unbuttoned. I shift and I feel that he still has his shoes on in my bed.