Chapter 7

"What the hell was that? A gunshot??" He asks, with worry in his voice.

            I nod, "Yeah. But it came from around the back of the house. I didn't stay to find out. Let's get out of here before my dad gets curious. Just drive."
     He looks over at me and shrugs.

            The 15 minute ride back to his house was mainly quiet all except for the radio playing at a barely audible volume. The music was a bunch of Blues funk stuff. The good stuff...

We pull back into his driveway and wind around it until we are at the back in the garage. I get out once he's parked and I start for his house. He follows. We enter through the back door and wind our way through the dining room and hallway. I follow him to his bedroom.

            "Do you mind if I use your bathroom??" I ask. He points to the left door.

            I thank him and follow his directions. I enter the bathroom and flip the light on while closing the door. I use the bathroom and wash my hands. I sigh and open the door to peer into the bedroom. Bast isn't in sight. I walk over to the bed and flop down in the middle of it. I sigh at the clean smell and softness that greets me. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. My few seconds of relaxation are interrupted.

            "What are you doing?" Bast questions as I jump up.

            "It looked comfortable!" I say and make a squinty face while shrugging.

            He laughs, "You seemed to be enjoying yourself with your face buried in my blanket."

            I feel myself grow hot in embarrassment. I stare at him sullenly, noticing he had taken off his shirt. I catch myself gawking at him. He looked as if he was carved by a master craftsman. He was extremely cut. His abs looked carved and his hips made a V that ended at the waistline of his shorts he had changed into. His chest was lightly covered in hair and a trail went from his navel to descend under his shorts. I took a moment to breathe and closed my eyes. Personally, I was fine, but my body was not. It was going crazy from the sight of something so perfectly sexy.

I open my eyes back up to find him staring at me. Embarrassment hit me like a frying pan in the face. I was nothing compared to him. In his presence, like this, I looked like a lazy pig. I bet he is thinking of how disgusting I am.

            I frown as I feel myself blushing.
"And why exactly did you change out of your other clothes?"
"Since I'm home, I thought I'd get more comfy. Plus Earlier you acted like you weren't willing to go back to your house, so I compromised with my own cozy clothes. Just make yourself comfortable." He says as he walks over to the bed to sit down.

           "Okay. Whatever you say!" I say as I grab my purse and pull out my vodka that was previously stowed away. I open it and take a large swig. I feel the warmth travel down my throat. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths trying to get Bast's sexy body off my mind. It doesn't work, since he takes it upon himself to get closer to me. He actually has the balls to put his arm around my shoulders. I don't deny him because of the fact we had been so close last night in my bed. His arm puts a slight weight on my shoulders. I lean into him and stare at the ceiling. It was probably approaching 4 or 5 pm by now and I could tell by the way the sun wasn't so bright.

            "You're quiet." He says.

            How was I supposed to answer? I have a thousand questions running through my head. I guess I could start by asking a few questions.

"Yeah, sorry. I just have a lot of questions and I don't know where to start."

            "Take your time. I don't mind." He tells me.