Chapter 8

I lay there for a bit, waiting for the pain to subside in my head and back . Bast crouches next to me.

            "Are you okay?"

            "Yeah. I'm fine. I just kind of failed is all." He helps me up and back into the bed. I lay on my back. My everything continues to hurt as lay down.

            "Are you sure you're fine?" He asks with worry on his handsome face.

            My eyes bug out as I feel my stomach surge with the feeling of having to vomit. I lunge up and run straight toward the bathroom, hurting the whole way. I slam the doors shut and let my stomach contents loose in the toilet.
      I flush and look at myself in the large mirror. I wipe away my tears from the struggle and wash my hands. I then splash my face. I walk back out of the bathroom to find Bast sitting on the bed, wrapped up in the blanket.

            "Hey. Are you okay?" He asks, peering at me from the bed.

            I nod. "I think the fall knocked around my contents." And then I laugh, feeling super embarrassed.

            "Just lay down and you'll feel better after resting." He instructs.

            I follow his directions. I lay down on the bed and grab a pillow, and hug it between my arms like a stuffed animal and close my eyes, squeezing them shut as the pain from the fall rushes thru my body.

   I squeeze my eyes shut and clasp the pillow closer and tighter against me. I groan a few times in pain, and he starts to massage my shoulders nimbly and before long, I open my eyes, feeling a bit better.

"Are you starting to feel any better?"

"Kind of. My stomach isn't hurting as bad now. Just my body from the fall." I tell him. I look at him crouched on the bed beside me. He looks genuinely concerned yet pained. When I look at his ruggedly handsome face, I see a rough around the edges guy looking at me like I mattered more than anything else. A Caring yet animalistic look.

He continues to look pained and stays in his crouched position.

I stare at him in his weird position. He stays there. I grab the blanket then slowly and cautiously scoot off the end of the bed. I look back at him before I go into the bathroom again. He now sits there on the end of the bed looking disappointed. I close the bathroom door and start to take off my sweater, leaving my tank top underneath on, nothing hanky panky. Just for me to get comfortable. Every time I moved, it pained like a hot poker being driven into my my back.

I open the door and walk back into the bedroom. Bast is still sitting on the bed. He is looking at me again. His facial expression is just pained and perplexed. I don't feel scared, but the look he was giving me was a look of hunger. Lust. Something I didn't want just yet. I don't feel threatened in any way but I should have, with him talking about gangs and his parents in prison and shit. There was this reassurance somewhere inside me that said he wouldn't harm me. I make my way over to him and sit next to him. Looking up at him, I give him a smile and take his hand and squeeze. He just continues to stare, giving me a confused look.               

"What is it?" I ask him.

"I haven't ever felt the way I do now. I can't begin to explain it either." He says.

I feel myself frown. "Should I be worried?"

"I don't think so. I just feel strange."

"What the hell do you mean by STRANGE?" I ask.

"I feel almost normal for once. And it's you making me feel this way."

"So this isn't normal for you?" WEIRD...

He looks down at his hands. I follow his gaze. His hands are clasped together on his lap. I look back to his face. Then I follow his gaze once more. My eyes bug out. He looks down at me as he shifts his hands a bit. I try to wipe the look of surprise from my face, seeing a 'happy' man. His shorts were ready for camping. He was definitely pitching a tent. Damn... I hadn't even done anything close to being sexy either.