Chapter 9- Carpool

Sorry It's short. More coming soon thoughh! -Nat

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*** Tristan's POV ***

One thing I am certain of, is that rain is my worst enemy. Not only does it ruin plans but it also is some what dangerous. People reck, can't see, road gets slick. It all evens out to a perfect storm.

I know people get sad when it rains but my family gets it worse. The day dad got in his accident it was raining. Well it was storming. But rain still gets us. We try to look on the bright side remember things like how we won't be in a drought and the flowers need it but deep down inside it hurts, just remembering that day.

As I begin my dreadful walk home, the rain picks up. The one day I forget a jacket is the one day I need one. I'm about half way home, soaking wet when the rain begins to lighten up. I keep my head down as to keep the rain out of my eyes when a white Range Rover pulled up beside me. It slowed so that it was going the same speed as me. I turned my head to find Amanda driving and Danni in the passenger seat.

"Need a ride?" Amanda said, a smile playing on her lips.

__________________________________

"This is me." I say as we approach my house. Amanda pulled up at the edge of the driveway. I quickly slid out of the car and thanked her.

"Anytime, in fact, how'd you like to kinda carpool?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I live not far from hear. It'd be cool to get to know you better anyways. I'd love to see what Effie finds so enticing about you."

That'd be wonderful." I say. A smile appearing on my face. So Effie finds me enticing. Those are her words. Wow.

"So, see you tomorrow then." Danni said, more like a statement, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I smiled and walked up the driveway. Jessie greeted me at the door.

"Hey Tristan, Can we talk?"