The surfing competition

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 34th annual competition." The judge's voice blared from speakers so huge that even I heard it as I drove up to the beach in my pink mercedes g-class (picture above). The weather was perfect for a day at the beach. The sky was clear with the sun beating down on us, the water nice and warm and the scent of the salt, sand and sweat was all I could smell. You could feel the excitement in the atmosphere and it was kind of hard not to get caught up with everyone screaming and cheering around you.

"Aqua!"Someone called out. I turned around and saw Claire. "Aqua? Yes Aqua, Sasha it's Aqua, Aqua over here," Claire called ,waving her arms frantically. I walk over to them and realize that they are both rocking super cute triangle bikinis and suddenly I feel really awkward in my one piece. "Hey guys ," I say.

"Hey, you made it," Sasha replied.

"Ya um I'm really hungry so I'm gonna go get some snacks," I said.

"OK, I'll come with you," Claire said.

"OK then, I'll just go talk to that boy over there," Sasha said eyeing a cute boy standing a few feet away from us.

"You go girl," I answered while grabbing Claire's hand and making our way towards the snacks booth. We bought some popcorn, ice-cream, peanuts, and slushies. "So our contestants have warmed up and we'll start with Jason Dersulo, Larry Brown, and Marc Davis," the judge's voice blared from the speaker again. Claire squealed, " It's starting," and started pulling me and running like she's in a race, which was probably a bad idea since I was trying to balance all that food. Suddenly, I crashed into someone, a guy, spilling the slushies all over him. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I bent down to pick up what was left of the food. "Its ok," he replied.

I looked up to give him some napkins and froze. He was gorgeous. He had dark blue eyes, the kind that you just wanna stare deep into and get lost, dirty blond hair, and tan skin. " Hi, I'm Jake, Jake Dersulo," he said, holding out his hand and pulling a goofy face.

I laughed, "Uh hi, I'm Aquarine but everyone just calls me Aqua," I replied.

"Interesting name, I like it," he told me.

"Thanks, my mom loved the sea and ocean so that inspired the name, um, Dersulo huh isn't that your brother out there, he's amazing, and again I'm really sorry about spilling slushy all over your white shirt, it must be ruined now," I blurted and immediately cringed embarrassed with the way I just ranted.

"Uh, don't worry about it, I have about a million others," he took of his shirt to reveal rock-hard abs, "and as a matter of fact, Jason's actually my cousin," at this point he looked out at the sea, "Crap I really need to go, I'm up next, but, uh, ill see you around Aqua."

"Sure, good luck and I'll keep an eye out for you," I said.

I made my way back towards Sasha, Claire, and a new, unexpected visitor: the guy Sasha was talking to before. "Oh, Aqua I want you to meet someone," Sasha turns to the guy, "Aqua this is Caleb, Caleb, Aqua."

"Uh,hi," I say while shaking his hand. Caleb leans into Sasha for a kiss and I use the moment to drag Claire to one side, "Claire you won't believe this, but I too met a guy, all on my own."

"Eeeeee," Claire squeals, "OMG, what's he like? When can I meet him?."

"He's really cute and seems nice, I actually met him after spilling a slushy all over him." I answer.

"Oooooo good tactic, ugh why didn't I think of that," Claire says.

"And the results for the first round are up with 9.5 for Jason Dersulo, 7 for Marc, and 6.5 for Larry. Next up we have Jake Dersulo, Danny Walker, and Travis Spurlock," the Judge interrupts.

'OMYGOD, Claire that's him, Jake Dersulo, that's him," I practically scream.

"Oh, do you think you can help me score a date with his brother?" Claire asks.

I look at her skeptically, "First off, Jason Dersulo is his cousin, second of all, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

* * * *

Once the competition was done - Jake had gotten second place - Claire, Sasha and I gathered our stuff and headed for my car.

"Aqua wait up!" I turned around to not only see Jake but Jason too jogging towards us.

"Hi, wow you guys totally killed it out there," I said.

"Ya, you were amazing," Claire agreed. Sasha nodded her head in agreement. Jake and Jason muttered their thanks and we all carried on walking in the direction of my car. Then Jason spoke up, "So do you guys play any water sports?"

"No we don't, but surfing looks pretty cool," I answered on behalf of all of us, "I don't know 'bout the others but I know that I wanna try." At that statement Jake flexed his muscles and tried to disguise it as if he was scratching his head, "Well you know, I could always help with that," he said.

"I would like that," I said.

"Great, how about tomorrow at 10:00 am, what d'ya say Jason, shall we teach these young ladies the art of surfing?"

"Sure," Jason stated.

"Claire?, Sasha?" I asked. They glanced at each other then answered, "Count us in."

"Great, then we have a plan," said Jake, " but no more of the twin act, I'm talking about you Claire and Sasha, it creeps me out." We all laughed then went our separate ways shouting goodbyes. So ya, one could say that we all got along pretty well but who could have guessed that the peace won't last. If only I hadn't attempted surfing the day after, because that's when things started getting complicated.