A little romance never hurt anybody

Sharp pain. I felt it before I even opened my eyes. My hand rose instinctively to my head and felt something gooey and kinda sticky. I sat up panicking to be greeted with Claire and Sasha pushing me back down. "Relax!"Claire exclaimed.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"Jake said that some creep was bothering you and he found you blacked out." Sasha answered. I started searching my head for any bumps or blood. Jake and Jason appeared in the distance.

"We got the ice," Jason called.

"Thanks," Sasha grabbed it and held it to my head.

I pushed it away, "Guys I'm fine! But what is that in my head?"

"Oh," Jake looked at me sheepishly, "I dropped my smoothie when I was punching that guy and some of it came on your hair, I'm sorry"

"A little? More like all of it,"I answered as he turned bright red, "but I don't get why you are sorry, you just saved my life, Thank you!" I got up against Sasha and Claire's wishes and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Now who's ready to surf?"

"Hell no!," Claire grabbed me, "Ain't anyone going surfing today other than Jason and Jake."

"If you guys aren't surfing then we won't," Jason replied defensively.

"See, you'll ruin everybody's day," I argued.

"I'm with Claire," Sasha spoke up, "Aqua, you just blacked out and you want to try surfing? It's just not logical,Aqua, its not safe."

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee," I wined.

"C'moooooooooooooooon," Jason joined in.

"Guys, you have nothing to worry about I'll stay close and keep her safe." Jake compromised.

"Fine, as long as you keep her close," Claire gave up.

"I'm watching you," Sasha threatened.

"Yaaaaaaaay," I screamed. I grabbed one of the spare boards and ran to the ocean.

*     *     *     *

I ran around the beach squealing as Jake ran after me. He kept tickling me and spraying me with water. "Aaaah, stop it's cold!" I exclaimed.

"It's to warm you up," he pulled a silly face and winked. I ran away as he chased.

"Got you!"Jake said in victory as he got hold of my waist and carried me.

I pound my fists against his back, "Let me down," I squealed happily.

"If you say so," He said and threw me into the water.

I came up sputtering, "You wait until I get a hold of you."

"Not a chance," he screamed as he jumped in canon-ball style next to me.

I jumped onto him and we plunged deeper into the water. I came up gasping for air just in time to get pulled back down. I kicked and wrestled Jake underwater and finally managed to break the surface. Jake came up with his wet hair and gorgeous blue eyes and pulled me close to him. "Woah," I squealed as Jake carried me bridal-style. And in that moment I just couldn't resist. I looked down at his lips and stared intently into his deep eyes. Then, slowly, I leaned in and kissed him. My heart started racing and different thoughts whizzed around in my head: OMG Finally, I can't believe this is really happening, wait what if he doesn't like it? All in all, it was perfect....... Until he pulled away and pushed me back. His expression confirmed that last thought. "What the hell was that?" he demanded offended and appalled.

"What do you mean what the hell was that? It was a kiss," I replied getting mad and embarrassed.

"Ya I know what a kiss is, I mean where did it come from?"

"Where did it come from?!" I practically screamed, "All you did for the past two days was flirt and give me signs!"

"Flirt?! And how the hell could I give you signs? I'm gay," he stated. Slowly, realization sank in.

"Wait, you mean......oh " I pushed against him and started swimming away.

"Aqua..." his voice was soft and pleading as he grabbed my arm.

"Jake, let go of me. Please. I'm sorry ok, I don't know where that came from. Actually, I do, but you get the point. " I inwardly cursed my habit of babbling when i'm embarrassed and started to trudge away, pushing back the tears. I looked back one last time at Jake. He looked hurt, god knows why, he had no reason to be. Once I reached my car, I finally gave in and broke down crying.

--------------------------------------

A/N not one of my best but eh, I tried. Sooo, I added pics of Aqua and Jake, if you haven't seen the go take a look. Make sure to comment what and who would you like to see more of for ex. more action, mystery, high school drama, maybe more of Angelina and Caroline. Anyways, you know what to do, comment and vote. love you xoxo -Aya