Tip #6: Attract The Right Person

What To Remember: Being too good looking can be a bad thing. Trust me, I know from experience. Also, don't talk to customers.

-------------------------------------------

The bitter bug comes to bite my bitter bum.

"I don't want anything to do with you guys."

"Don't blame us," Candace answered. She was sitting again on her favorite place, which was the top of the counter. "It's not our fault you didn't go with the plan."

Her boyfriend, who was also in his favorite spot, (which was wherever his girlfriend was) intervened. "Yeah, you were supposed to talk with our friend."

"I didn't even see this 'friend' of yours. Are you sure she isn't invisible?" I asked.

"Would you like to take a girl you can't even see on a date?" Calum retorted with crossed arms.

"It's not a date!" I returned defensively. "It's just so I don't look like a third wheeler for once."

Candace, who happened to be looking at her phone (and the phone's clock) at that moment, replied, "Sorry, but we have ten minutes left until break ends, so we can't introduce you to her today. Anyway, how many days do you have left before this fancy dinner date?"

"Seven."

"Seven?" Candace looked distraught. "Do you even have a suit?"

"I'm not getting married."

"He can't even get a girlfriend, how do you expect him to get a wife?" Calum leaned to his girlfriend to say.

"Anything fancy to wear at least?" Candace rambled on.

"I've got a great pair of sweatpants in my closet. Oh! For sure it will go well with my chewed up converse. But for the shirt...well I could go topless, you think she'll like that?"

"You sound like a homeless person," said Calum.

"It's ok, one of these days we'll take you shopping," Candace offered and it was Calum's turn to look distraught.

"We?" The moue of displeasure showed that it was definite no.

"Yes, we," Candace told him sternly. "Unless you would like to share your clothes with him."

"But I have no formal attire to lend him," Calum answered back weakly.

"Then shopping it is," Candace confirmed.

-

There I was, shoving one cup of beef to a single taco; I reached for the grated cheese to be drizzled over the meat. It was the same routine everyday. Not exactly everyday, sometimes I'd put lettuce. But right now I was just surprised that someone even came to Wacko Taco at this time of the day. It was two in the afternoon. Some of the staff went to take peeks at the customer. It was like a celebrity came inside our shop. (As you can see, we really lacked customers.) On the other hand, I was able to get more of a view because I was going to hand the taco over to Candace to give to this person, who turned out to be an average looking girl, short, with really pale skin and curly hair. It was one quick look for me, then I went back to the kitchen.

There was no movement after that. The staff was as slow as ever. Watching Calum sweep or mop the floor was basically the highlight of my day.

This was going to be the eighth time I was going to have a bathroom break now, but it felt strange doing so. I didn't know why.

I got the same feeling as I walked back to the kitchen. There was something bothering me. Hm. Who am I kidding? It's got to be my hair or something. I had a haircut recently and the barber ended up cutting more than what I asked. I was scared that I was going to end up with a mohawk.