36 • getting answers

Alexandra's POV:

The way everyone stared at me had me convinced that they hated me but when Miss Adrian stood up to hug me, I felt a little better.

After I got a hug from them all, I sat in the empty chair next to Evonne.

"We honestly thought we'd never see or hear from you again," Owen said.

"I'm really sorry about just cutting y'all off the way I did," I said sincerely, "I was just mad & hurt, and I took it out on y'all, and I shouldn't have."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two kids, a boy & girl, running toward Evonne. The little boy looked about Jaden's age, and the little girl looked like she may be two.

"Aw, who's this?" I asked as the kids smiled at me.

Owen looked at his siblings & mom, then looked at me sympathetically. "AJ, this is Brandon & Layla...Michael's kids."

I instantly felt sick hearing that Michael has two kids now. I guess it was only my kid he didn't want.

"Alex, what happened between you & Michael?" Bryan asked when he saw how uncomfortable I was.

"All he told us was he cheated, Desirae got pregnant, and you didn't want anything to do with us because of it," Evonne said.

Hearing that lie made me so angry. I couldn't believe he would lie to his family like that. Then again, nothing Michael does really surprises me.

"That is bull—" I bit my lip to stop myself from swearing in front of the children & Miss Adrian. "That's not even close to the truth..."

Flashback

Walking up the steps to Michael's house, I was hit with a wave of emotions. I didn't know how he'd react to me telling him that I'm pregnant.

His brother, Bryan, let me in, and I went in the kitchen with his mom.

"Hi, Miss Adrian," I said, giving her a hug.

"Hey, girl. You are glowing today," she smiled, making my cheeks get hot. If only she knew the reason behind this glow. "Well, Michael's up in his room."

I walked up the stairs and down the hall to Michael's room. I hesitantly knocked on the door and walked in.

"Hi." I walked up to his bed, and he pulled me down with him while kissing me in the process.

"What are you doing here? I thought I was supposed to pick you up tonight."

I smiled nervously at him as he played with a belt loop on my jeans. "I don't think I'm going to the game again. I'm not feeling all that great."

"What's wrong?"

I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and cleared my throat. I figured I would just come out and say it because if I don't tell him now, I'll never tell him.

"Michael, I'm pregnant."

He started laughing but when I didn't laugh back, he stopped. He jumped up and paced back & forth while mumbling a bunch of curse words under his breath. Everything about his behavior only made me nervous.

"Alex, babe, I have to tell you something," he said, looking straight at me.

"What?"

He took a deep breath and sat next to me. "You know Desirae?"

"The hoe that has chorus with us?" I asked, rolling my eyes. He nodded, and I raised an eyebrow. "What about her?"

He took another deep breath and held his head down, and I just wanted to strangle him.

"She's pregnant."

I pursed my lips together and furrowed my eyebrows. "Okay...what does that have to do with us?"

"Because it's mine, Alex, and I'm gonna be there for them."

I stood up from his bed and looked straight ahead so he couldn't see that I was about to cry.

"What are you trying to say, Michael?"

He sighed. "I'm only sixteen, Alex. I can't take care of two babies."

"You shoulda thought about that before sticking your di—"

Knowing I have no filter when I'm mad, he covered my mouth before I could finish my sentence.

"Stop, alright. Look, her family is gonna kick her out when they find out, and she has no one else. I know your family is a lot more supportive than hers which is why I need to be there for her & her baby."

I turned around to face him, not caring about the tears rolling down my face. "So basically, you're saying you don't want anything to do with me or my baby?"

He sighed, scratched the back of his neck, and held his head down. "Yeah."

I nodded slowly and chuckled out of disbelief. "Fine."

I took off the jacket I was wearing, since it was his, and yanked the necklace he gave me off my neck. I ran down the stairs and out of the house, ignoring everyone that called my name.

...

"He actually said that to you?" Miss Adrian asked angrily as she handed me a napkin.

I nodded and dried my eyes. "And that's why I stopped talking to y'all, but now I regret it. I hope y'all can forgive me."

"Of course we forgive you, AJ!" Owen got up and engulfed me in a bone-shattering hug, as well as the rest of the family.

I figured now I could finally introduce them to Jaden because it was long overdue.

I turned around and since Aubrianna was looking at me, I motioned for her to send Jaden to me. He shyly walked over, and I sat him in my lap.

"Jaden, I want you to meet some people. This is Evonne, Owen and Bryan. They're your aunt and uncles."

He knitted his eyebrows together and looked at me, and I tried not to laugh at his cute facial expression.

"You have more brothers & sisters, Mommy?"

I chuckled. "No. These are your daddy's brothers & sister. And this is Adrian, your grandma."

"I have another grandma?!" he asked excitedly, making everyone laugh. "Can I call you grandma?"

"Of course you can, baby," Miss Adrian answered with tears in her eyes.

He got down from my lap to give her a hug and as sappy as it sounds, it warmed my heart.

"And who's that, Mommy?" he asked, referring to Brandon & Layla.

I didn't want to tell him who they really were, but I wasn't gonna lie to him either. I just hope he doesn't get upset about his dad having other kids.

"This is Brandon & Layla, and they're your brother & sister," I said, cringing mentally.

He & Brandon both gasped and smiled, and we looked at them, confused about why they were gasping.

"I have a brother & a sister?!" Jaden asked.

"We have a brother?!" Brandon asked with just as much excitement in his voice as Jaden.

I smiled and nodded at them both, and the three kids went off to do their own thing.

I felt like there was still a lot more we needed to talk about, and I know at some point I still need to face Michael. I'm just glad we finally got this part out of the way.

______________________________

For those that didn't know, I started a new story called I Still Love You. There's only one chapter, but y'all should check it out, and let me know what you think.

Anyway, everyone now knows about Jaden and what really happened between Alex & Michael. How long do you think it'll be before he shows up?