Chapter 18

Miria POV

I woke up in Shikamaru's bed. He wasn't there. He hasn't been for a while. Since chunin exams were coming up soon he had been showing Temari around town. I wasn't sure why the Tsunade felt this was necessarily, but she did. I got dressed and went down stairs. Yoshino was the only one there and she was making breakfast.

"Isn't it late for breakfast?"

"Not for you. You just woke up. If Shikamaru and Shikaku didn't have to be places they wouldn't be down for another hour or so. Here. Eat before it gets cold okay?" I nodded and ate.

"Thank you Mrs. Nara."

"Call me Yoshino."

"Okay. Thank you Yoshino. Breakfast was great. Do you want me to clean my dishes?"

"No I will. Go and have fun okay?"

"Got it. Thanks again." I went out and found Temari and Shikamaru. I ran towards them. "Hey Shika. Temari."

"Hello Miria. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Well Shikamaru wanted to take a break." I laughed.

"Of course."

"Leave me alone Miria. I have to be with her all day and walk her around the village." I smiled and kissed him.

"Better."

"Not exactly." He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me gently. Then he put his other hand on my cheek. I put one hand on his shoulder and the other on the hand on my cheek. He pulled away and looked into my blue eyes. I giggled and I went with them to the Kage tower. We walked into Tsunade's office and there was Naruto and Sakura. He turned and smiled a little.

"Hey Shikamaru and that other person..... what's your name again." I almost burst out laughing.

"It's Temari."

"Oh yeah. Hey Shikamaru, I thought you liked Miria Inuzuka?"

"I do."

"Then why are you with Temari?"

"I'm the sands representative for the chunin exams."

"Oh, where's Miria?"I walked out from behind Shika and punched Naruto. "What was that for?"

"For thinking Shikamaru lost interest."

"Sorry."

"Better. Troublesome dumbass." We headed out and started talking to Naruto about everyone being a chunin except him and Neji, since Neji was a jounin.

"Yeah, I'm a sand Jounin to, so isn't Kankuro."

"What about Gaara?"

"He's the Kazekage." He looked upset and happy at the same time. He really wanted to be Hokage and was a little upset Gaara had beaten him to it.

Naruto and Sakura went off and Shikamaru, Temari and I went around for a little more. Then Temari went back to her hotel and Shika and I went to our usual spot. We were watching the clouds. They were beautiful today. Mimi came and sat on my legs.

"Hello Mimi. How are you?" She whined. "Well Mimi I have something to tell you. You aren't a little puppy anymore. You're a huge ass coyote and I can't feel my toes!" She got off. Yeah, her and Akamaru have grown. They couldn't fit on our heads any more. They were up to our waists and were about as long as we were tall. We could ride them now.

"You okay Miria?"

"Yeah. Now, what did you say Mimi?" She whined and did her big eyes. Then I fainted.

Shikamaru's POV

Miria just fainted.

"What the hell?" Mimi picked her up and brought her to her house, I went with them of course. I didn't know what happened. I meant last week she had a pretty tough mission, but she was fine when she got home and Tsunade said her chakra issue was done with. We got inside and put Miria on her bed. Tsume walked in.

"What happened to Miria?"

"Mimi told her something and she fainted."

"What did you tell her Mimi?" Mimi whined again. "Oh my gosh! Congratulations! Who's are they?" She looked at on of the two new beds in there. I'm guessing they're Mimi's and Akamaru's. She jumped on the one opposite Kiba's. Guessing it's Akamaru's. "I knew it!"

"What's going on?" Miria sat up.

"You're pregnant with Akamaru's puppies?! Oh my gosh I have to tell Kiba when they get home from there mission!" I nodded. So that was it.