Turn of events

Turner and I walked towards his 4X4 vehicle. We uncovered it and made our way to my house. We followed a steep path because we were pretty sure that the main road would have been blocked by the police. After ten minutes we came close to my property. We got out of the car and made our way towards it. To my amazement the house was surrounded by the strong police force and the road was blocked.

"Halt! Where do you think you are going sir?" a policeman asked me.

"This is my home and I want to see what have happened here," I abruptly answered.

"Sir, I am afraid you are not allowed to be here because it is now a crime scene. Please follow me and get in the car. Both of you!" he continued in an authoritative tone of voice.

It was 1 p.m. and we were inside the police station. We were on edge. "What do you want from us?" I asked Ben, the officer who had visited me the day before.

"First of all calm down both of you. We haven't arrested you. We only want to find the truth. What have happened?" he asked.

I took a sharp breath and breathed out shakily and said: "I told you the truth but you didn't believe me! After you left my house they paid me a visit. They attacked me by using laser guns but I managed to escape finding my way through the bushes. Unfortunately one of them found me and I would have been a prisoner of theirs, if Turner didn't help me".

"In what way Paul?" he asked me looking deeply into my eyes.

"He used his gun which brought their demise!" I answered with a sardonic grin.

"Now it is my turn to speak. First of all this conversation is private and I will deny everything if you reveal it to anyone. That is because a special investigating team is on the way to your home right now," the officer told us in a harsh tone.

"Have you lost your marbles Ben? Are you going to deny the facts? We are all in great danger!" I exclaimed.

"As I told you it is under investigation Paul. Furthermore, an idiot citizen intercepted the police conversations and visited your property. He took photographs with his mobile phone and uploaded them in both his facebook profile and his blog! I don't want these kinds of pictures to spread," he shouted banging his fist on the desk!

At that moment I realized that I was caught up in the middle of something much bigger that I could handle. On the other hand I had nothing to fear because I was the one who telling the truth and furthermore I needed the state protection because I remained the main alien's target. I took a glimpse of Turner's face. He was angry and at the same time puzzled. He knew that he was in a hazardous position because of his acts.

"I know that you are tired. You will be accommodated in the nearby hotel. Both of you," the chief said.

"I want to sleep at my home," Turner protested.

"Not tonight. Furthermore, you will have the chance to discuss the situation," he answered him. "Winston, accompany them to the hotel please," he continued in a peremptory tone of voice.

It was 3 p.m. when we closed the room's door behind us. We were very nervous about the fact that we were in front of a mysterious and at the same time dangerous situation. I drew the drapes a little just to see the police car right in front of the hotel's entrance. "Hmm we are trapped once again. We are imprisoned unofficially," I said to Turner.

"Or maybe officially," he replied while being in a state of confusion.