Another Crack in My Heart

Song: Another Crack In My Heart
Year: 1993
Album: Everything Changes
Pairing: The Doctor – 10 or 11

Another crack in my heart
Another picture on the wall
Another way to spend an evening when there's no-one there at all

Another crack in my heart. Another one. Anymore and I won't have any hearts left. It's not fair though. Every time I think I get close to anyone, where that be friendship or something much, much more, I always loose them. Always.

I wish that I didn't have to go through all this pain. I lost my planet and now I keep losing the people that matter to me most. I see people together, laughing, being happy, smiling at one another and I think: that was me once. But not anymore. Because now, once again, I'm all alone.

I've gone through a lot in my long life and sometimes I wish it could end. Everyone I touch or get close to, their life is ruined and I've done that. Me. The man who is supposed to save lives, but instead of saving them, I ruin them. It's not fair!

Maybe I should just give up. Carry on, on my own. That way I won't ruin anyone else's life. And to make it even better maybe I should just waste away. That seems like the better option to me – and maybe even the universe.

So yeah, I've got another crack in my heart. And even though I want to end my life, want to stop this from happening to me. I know that it will never happen and I know that this latest crack in my heart will certainly not be the last.

Another kiss to say goodbye
Another cross upon a chart
Another suitcase at the door
Another crack in my heart