Never Forget

Song: Never Forget
Year: 1995
Album: Nobody Else
Pairing: 10th Doctor

...

Never forget where you've come here from
Never pretend that it's all real
Someday soon this will be someone else's dream

To reader,

My life is coming to an end and I know it. He will knock four times is what I have been told. Who will? The Master? Must be. I'm scared, but I can't show it. I can't let people know I'm a coward, even though they probably already know.

I'm scared of dying, I'm scared of regenerating. If I change I become a new man and everything that I am now goes away. This me is dead; forgotten. I don't want that to happen.

The last time I changed I never showed how scared I was. But that was to do with the fact that I had Rose and she was scared enough. I have to admit, I was never very keen on my body before this one. There's something about my tenth self that I like more than I have liked my other selves.

I can't worry about this now though, I need to carry on and live the rest of this body's life. No matter how long that will be. I'm not invincible, no-one is.

I remember how I was before, a broken man, living with the burden of his planet's death. I had healed a lot after my last regeneration, but once again, like in everybody, I carry the burden of ruining someone's life; all because they wanted me to show them the universe.

Maybe it's time for me to die now.

So I'll say goodbye. This may be the last time I see you.

Never forget.

~The Doctor

Never forget where you've come here from
Never pretend that it's all real
Someday soon this will all be someone else's dream
This will be someone else's dream.