Patience

Apologies if Nine is a little OOC (this must be one of the only times I've ever written him)

Song: Patience
Year: 2006
Album: Beautiful World
Pairing: 9/Rose

I need time
My heart is numb has no feeling
So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience

Rose had been on board the TARDIS barely a month and she still had no idea where things were on this ship. It never failed to amaze her that this ship looked like a normal size police box from the 1960's on the outside, but on the inside it was like a whole new world.

Rose loved the travelling and seeing all the aliens that she never even knew existed. Rose had never been a great believer in all things super natural. But the Doctor had changed her, for the better. She wasn't the 19 year old shop girl she used to be. She was now a young woman who travelled time a space with a 900 year old alien saving planets and people. And it was all in a day's work.

Walking down the long TARDIS corridor, Rose couldn't help but smile to herself. She had grown up so much lately it was like she was acting older than she was. But that didn't bother her. Her mum was forever telling her to grow up and act her age. Now she was acting above her age. Surely her mum wouldn't be able to complain about that.

Rose passed several rooms on her way down the corridor. She had no idea what these rooms were; she was too busy trying to find the Doctor to really care. She wanted to ask him if they could go out somewhere that wasn't dangerous for a change. But with the Doctor, danger was always part of the trip.

Thinking about the Doctor made Rose giggle. He was so much like a human, but at the same time he was so different. He looked like your average late 30's early 40's man. He had rather large ears and nose and his accent made him sound like he was from the north. Rose didn't care what he looked like or the fact that he was an alien, Rose loved him and she wouldn't want him to change. Ever.

Suddenly Rose could hear something like crying from one of the rooms ahead of her. Wondering what was going on, Rose ran to the door and knocked.

"Doctor? You in there?" Rose asked. She got no reply, so she opened the door and peered inside.

The room was dark, but there was enough light to see what was in there. It was a tidy room, almost as though it had hardly been used. There were things on the walls, and things on shelves. There was one double bed and sitting on the bed was the Doctor. He was upset about something, Rose could easily tell- hell a child could tell that. Tears were running down his face and every now and then he would sniff and wipe them away. She entered the room and shut the door behind her.

"Doctor? What's wrong?" Rose asked as she walked up to him.

"Nothing Rose, I'm fine." The Doctor said, wiping his tears away and trying to compose himself.

"No you're not, what is it?" Rose sat on the bed next to him. The Doctor didn't look at her, he didn't answer her either. Instead he started humming.

"What are you humming?" Rose asked.

"Take That's patience." The Doctor answered.

"Didn't know you listen to Take That." Rose said. The Doctor ignored her and carried on humming. "Why are you humming that one?"

"Because you need to be patient with me. I'm not ready to tell you about my problems yet. I will tell you Rose, I will, but I'm not ready yet. You just have to be patient with me." The Doctor told her.

"I will, Doctor. If that's what you want. I'll wait." The Doctor looked up at her for the first time and smiled a watery smile at her. Rose smiled back.

"Thank you, I know you want to help me, but I'll let you when I'm ready. For now, if you see me like this, I think all I need is to be left alone." The Doctor said. Rose nodded. She hugged the Doctor and he hugged her back tightly, not wanting to let go. When they finally did let go, Rose pressed a kiss to the Doctor's check, got up and headed for the door. Before she left, Rose turned back to the Doctor.

"I promise, Doctor, I'll be patient. You tell me what you have to when you're ready." Rose smiled at him and he smiled back before she left the room, pulling the door up behind her.

The Doctor stared at the door for a while before taking in a deep breath and getting up. He wanted to tell her about the Time War in more detail, but patience was a virtue Rose was just going to have to hold on to for a little longer.

Cos I, I just need time
My heart his numb has no feeling
So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience.