Chapter 19: Answers

Mia stared at Okon with a sudden hate. How could he do this to her?

Within the course of the two months Mia had been doing Tasks and going to labyrinth she had been almost killed three or four times. Ridiculous! You would think after putting somebody through so far distress that Okon would show a little sympathy.

Apparently not, because from the looks of it, Mia was going to have to kill off her human self so that her soul could go back to the Underworld and return to it's old body.

Now she was also going to have to let her family be her slaves! What had they ever done wrong, sure they all had there problems. But really, nothing, they hadn't done anything.

Suddenly all of this didn't seem so worth it to Mia. She still wanted to explore the world. There was so many things she hadn't seen or done yet, if she had the chance to live, then why waste it? There are tons of people dying each day and Mia was just about to die by choose. Thousands of people wish to be like her.

So, Mia decided to make a deal with Okon.

"Okon, I want to make you a deal."

"What would that be?"

"I don't want to die quite yet. Give me a bit more time to live. On my eighteenth birthday you can take my life and I shall return to the Underworld. Don't take my family, please. I am sure they would be more happy here on Earth being free then with me in the Underworld. Deal?"

"It's a deal. But can I tell you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"You are a great little girl. I'm sure your father can wait eight more years. Its already been a couple hundred. And just one thing."

"Yes?"

"All the Tasks: the fish, the fox, the fairies, they didn't mean anything. The real tasks were when you talked to that old woman about her being tested as Mia. She is a servant also, that was one of the tasks, the other was how you respond to your families troubles, and the third was this. You were to kind to sacrifice your on family."

"So then why did you make me do the other tasks?"

"To distract you. Make you feel like you were experiencing things."

"Oh."

Mia felt slightly betrayed, but over all good. She had saved her family from being slaves and made sure she could keep living a little more so she could explore. Then when was older she could explore the Underworld.

Perfect solution.