Chapter 6:Daughter of the Underworld

Days passed and suddenly Mia was off punishment. On the same day her punishment of no going outside ended, her mother’s job began. It was pure chaos around the house.

Thomas was crying because no breakfast was anywhere to be found. Johnna was scrambling to find her mother’s apron while Ms. Smith put on a tennis shoe. There was lots of yelling and serious conversation over Johnna being in charge today. Mia let out an extended sigh and rolled her eyes. Why does she have to be in charge? Thought Mia. Eventually Ms. Smith got out of the house and drove off in the green old car they now owned.

As Ms. Smith becomes a distant shadow they children headed inside. Although Mia stayed back. She was going back to see Blu and Okon which made her grin but she could not show her happiness to Johnna. "I'm going...." Mia was interrupted by her sister.

"Frankly, I don't care where you’re going but be back by four, okay?" her sister snarled and turned away with a hand on Thomas' back. Mia, surprisingly enough, smiled she was happy she did not have lie about where she was going. She walked to the rusted car, which was probably to distract people from the fact that there was humongous hole cut in the tree.

She entered the maze, and Blu popped out from behind a wall. "Oh, my, gave me quite the fright" said Mia, then realizing it rhymed. A smile spread across the fairies face "Mia, you back!" she tittered. "I think that Okon scare you! But I just know it’s you, so of course you shall come back!"

Mia's face went blank.....she was still puzzled over what Okon had said about Aba. Her brow wrinkled and she whispered "I'm not scared, just confused, what is Aba? And what do you need from me?" Blu sighed as though she was tired. "It very long story Okon tell you everything, alright?" Mia nodded she should ask no further questions. She knew it would not be wise, considering she did not want the little fairy and the big creature they called Okon to be upset with her, as they were to each other.

They came to the center of the labyrinth, where the Okon and Blu lived, and where she was to be told why exactly they needed her. As Mia and Blu arrived, Okon's hands flew up and he muttered something about how Mia was finally back. Then Blu's delicate little fingers wrapped around Okon's thick arm and pulled him to the side. They started their foreign jumble of words once again and Mia had time to wonder around.

She started towards the desk and carefully examined all the contents. There were drawling’s of Mia from up close, from a distance, and from the side. There were things she had said to people she couldn't even remember. There was a picture of everybody in her family. This is scary, why are they looking for me so intensely she thought. And then she realized something very odd.

The picture of Mia from the distance showed her wearing an old time dress with gloves and stockings. She knew she had never worn that, and all the pictures of her had a signature which looked a bit like Okon in a strange spidery format. As she looked closer she noticed...

A door slammed and Mia could she Okon emerging from an entrance she had never seen before. His boots which had a bit of a heel on them, almost like dress shoes, made an exaggerated clank sound when he took a step. The watches and things that hung from his awkwardly (because of his three arms) fitting coat also made an odd sound as he walked. "Mia, come."

She stumbled into the room. "I was learning English as you have been gone, me getting better. So I hope it help when I telling story of why I and the people of Aba need you."

"Mia how old you right now?"

"I am nine, why?"

"Oh, I see! I and Blu here think you are the King of the Underworlds daughter. As in Princess of the Underworld. It all happened the day after your ninth birthday celebration. The God of the Sky switched your drinks, it was a curiosity potion, and soon you wanted to know all about the in-between land. Since none of the servants of the castle would tell you about the world above you decided to go outside yourself.

"The rays of light killed you as soon as you walked out and you suffered a painful death. The reason the God of the Sky needed to kill you was because he was a brother to your father, King of the Underworld. Their father ruled all of the Earth, but when he died the brothers were left in constant war over who rules the Earth. Eventually they both separated and your father went to the underworld and his brother went to the Sky.

"Although they claimed peace, random acts of violence or something to hurt the other side would still occur. The God of the Sky knew how much this would affect his brother so he killed you. The good part was that The King knew that you shall return one day. Because a true citizen of the underworld always comes back from the dead. Especially a princess as yourself."

Mia scooted around in her chair uncomfortably; this was a lot to process. So many questions hung in her mind. Am I going to die? What must I do to prove myself? Are the lying? Who is my real father?

"Darling, Mia, I know this so much to handle but you are princess now all you have to do know is do a few simple tasks and prove yourself princess and you can return to your true home." Okon said with a smile and then clanked over to the large desk and dug a large heavy book out of a drawer. "Read it when nobody is around. It will tell you what to do."