Chapter 20: The Day

Eight Years Later...

Mia looked around at her family pictures. It was her eighteenth birthday, and she was excited about leaving, but she knew how much she was going to miss her family.

She couldn't believe how long it had been that she had kept it herself about the labyrinth, Okon, the Underworld. Everything, she was a terrible liar, but apparently good at keeping secrets to the grave. Literally.

As she glanced around she was happy what she did with her life.

She had hiked the application mountains, saved up enough for a car by herself, gotten a serious boyfriend, and went to Canada maybe three times already. Most people didn't do that in a whole life time.

It was time; she kept in touch with Blu, staying in the same city that she had moved to when she ten so that she could keep up with messages and all that.

Okon had decided that she would go on a car ride and something would happen so that it looked like a freak accident.

It was exactly six o-clocks. Which is the time Okon said she had to leave her apartment to do whatever you would call what Mia was about to do. Maybe it was suicide, is that what you would call it? Or maybe bringing you back to life. Yes, that was probably it.

Grabbing her keys she head out, she had called her family and told everybody how much she loved them. Even her father, who she, well enough, kept up with. He now lived in Canada, which is why she went up three so many times, but he would go back down to Maine when he got a fishing job and the week before he had to go to sea he would stay with them.

Johnna is happily married now and trying to get pregnant.

As for Oliver he is the average four-teen year old boy. Mediocre grades and intelligence, good at sports, and so on. Although even with age his love for his father never died out.

And what about Alison, Mia's mother, and what about her father you might think? They are both re-married in a healthy relationship to people who all the kids admire.

Mia stuck her keys in the car and chooses a random route, not exactly worrying about getting lost.

She passed familiar roads; she had stayed in this town the rest of her life because of the labyrinth and all the other magical beings around it. Although she was unaware that the labyrinth could go anywhere, they forgot to tell her.

Suddenly the car spun out of control and Mia started producing a strange noise between screaming and laughing. Almost like a when people are in a roller coaster and have ridden it before.

The car smacked into a tree and Mia leaned in a died in that very second, with a smile on her face.