Out of the phase

I frowned, coming out of the cherished memory. Had I really wanted to use magic just to make Mirabelle's  hairdo perfect? Just like I had feared, it is becoming worse. I frowned even deeper, thinking about the grief that would automatically ensue. Whatever I had hoped to have with him could never happen. I forgot all that I had taught my heart for the past year. You can't love, you can't get attached, and most importantly, you can't use your magic, ever. If anyone learned that I had magic, I would either be executed or if I was lucky, I would be put in prison for life. 

     Now I needed to be extra careful while serving as a lady in waiting for the future Queen. I needed to forget about magic and start focusing on my new job. I turned and picked up my bags. Looked around the room once more and walked out into  the hallway. I carefully took the stairs and up to my new quarters.

     I looked once more at the room number. Madame Gatsby had told me that the room umber was,'W35'. I just couldn't believe this was it! I had climbed up two flights of stairs hoping that would be where my new quarters were. When I realized it wasn't, I continued climbing stairs. I kept on checking and climbing stairs, seeing if my room would be there. It wasn't. It had taken for me to get to the fifth floor of the castle to finally find my room. Mirabelle had told me the higher up the level the room was on, the higher and more important job you have. Apparently, being a lady in waiting you were considered very high in the job level. 

     I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. The room inside was in no way like my old room. Inside were four comfy, soft looking beds with silk blankets and fluffy pillows. The floors had polished wood. There was a night table next to each bed with a candle. The room had two wardrobes and chests and more room than my maid quarters. And to top it off, there was a bathroom coming off of the room. The bathroom had a real toilet, a big, shined mirror and a rack of towels. The bathroom even had a sink and a face washing station. 

     I gasped, this was the most beautiful room I had every seen.  The windows even had glass installed in them and there were silk curtains for the windows. It is breathtakingly beautiful. I sighed. I walked slowly to the farthest bed and sank down on the bed. I felt like I am laying down on a cloud. A big, fluffy, cloud. I quickly came to my senses and started unpacking. After all, I have a schedule to follow. Just like last time, I split the room in the closet in half. I then went to the face washing station and used it, redid my hair, and dressed in my new outfit.

     I looked at my reflection in the big mirror next to the entrance to the bathroom. I looked very happy, but very plain against the beauty of the room. Oh, well, I wasn't that beautiful anyways. The door opened behind me and I turned around to find myself looking at my new roommate. It was Matilda. Even though I had known Matilda for a year, we hadn't grown any closer. She always kept to herself and only spoke to anyone when she had a question(unless it was Winifred). All I knew about Matilda was her name, she is married, and her best friend is Matilda.

     Matilda looked at me,"this is W35, right?" She asked.

     "Yeah, this is it." 

     Matilda walked to the closest bed to the door and set down her things. "Has anyone else arrived?"

     "Not yet, do you know whose going to be are other roommates?"

     "No," she replied in her monotone voice. I shrugged and sat down on my bed, trying to think of a way to break the silence between me and Matilda. I couldn't think of anything. Typical me. All the sudden someone barged into the room, slamming the door against the wall. She looked around hurriedly and ran into the bathroom slamming the door behind her and locking it. Matilda just glanced at it and shrugged, while continuing to unpack. I was still shocked and tried to process what had just happened. 

     Right when I had just begun to relax, the girl came running out of the bathroom, in her new clothes and ready, and ran towards the bed across from mine. She quickly started to unpack, being just slow enough for me to recognize her. It was Mary, Mary was always rushed and super competitive, she is witty, smart, and quick with her tongue. I guess that explained all the running and slamming of doors. I laughed thinking back to all the ruckus. Unfortunately, this stopped Matilda and Mary from packing. They both gave me weird looks, so I settled down to a giggle and stopped. I hate being the center of attention.