Roommates and friends

After Matilda and Mary were done packing, we all chose to tell rumors about being a lady in waiting for the future Queen to be. We also shared the information we had obtained about the princess we were to soon serve. Apparently the king's eldest sons fiancee is who we were to serve. She was known as 'Princess Millicent Of Wedgemore.' None of us had even the slightest idea where Wedgemore was.

This marriage was an arranged marriage. However, the Prince and Princess both seemed happy with this arrangement, seeing as they had gotten to know each other over letters and visits. They were to be married in a month, but Princess Millicent had come early to help organize the wedding and learn how to run the castle from the Queen. The Princess was to arrive today, so the rumors about her had yet to start. 

    While discussing and trading information about our mysterious future Queen, our fourth roommate arrived. We didn't know for sure who she was, until she confirmed that she was indeed Thea and not her other sisters Anne and Catherine. "Hello Emeline, Mary, and Matilda," she nodded at us. We all replied "hi" or "hey". She set her things on the leftover bed and headed to the bathroom with her clothes. Even though Anne, Thea, and Catherine all looked exactly like each other, their personalities were opposites of each other.

     Catherine was always clear on her opinion. She was never afraid to voice what she thought and was very could at being persuasive. She could get anything she wanted if she just tried hard enough. Anne was graceful. She is probably the most ladylike person I have ever met. She always drank like a lady, talked like a lady, and even walked like a lady. Then there is Thea. Thea was like the leader of the triplets, they always looked to her for advice and followed her wherever she went. Thea was nice and kind, but very hardcore when she needed to be. She protected her sisters from anyone and anything. All of us respected her greatly. None of them were married, but I'm sure they all had more than a few secret admirers.

      Thea shared some of her information on the Princess before dressing into her new clothes. All of us had to wear the same outfit. And we all had to put our hair up in a bun. We were then told to go into the hallway and line up when the bell rang. We were all just waiting for the bell to ring. And to finally actually get to do something. After a few minutes of us trying to occupy ourselves, the bell rang. We all ran out the door and lined up in the hallway as we were instructed. 

     "Pish, posh. You girls are doing it all wrong." Came a voice farther down in the line. I carefully leaned forward, at the end of the line an elderly woman with grey hair, brown eyes, sharp cheek bones, and wrinkles helped a maid straighten her posture, put her feet together and her arms behind her back. "Now, all of you, straight backs, feet together and hands behind your backs!" She yelled frustrated. I quickly leaned back into the straight line and carefully did as I was told. The old lady walked along the line steadily assessing every one of the girls.

     "Hello ladies, I am Madame Cedany and I expect the best work out of all of you," she said reaching the end of the line before standing in front of us. "Now, I hope all of you had time to change, because you are all to meet the future Queen as of now. Stay in a straight line, don't wander, don't stare, and most certainly do not leave the group. Now that you are fully aware of how to act,  follow me to the Princess's quaters."

     Madame Cedany marched right up to the front of the line and started going up the flight of stairs at the end of the hallway. After we marched up those flight of stairs we went up 3 more until we came to the castle's main floor. It was breathtaking, all throughout the line I heard gasps and aws of admiration. The floor was pure marble, the drapes were made of silk and pure velvet, the grand staircase was tall and elegant. There were even crystal chandeliers with about 50 candles lit. There were windows taller than the eye could see, it was all so spotless that I couldn't see one speck of dust. 

     "You are all to memorize the layout of the palace. You are in charge of all the maids on this floor up. The only ones you do not command are the butlers, knights, workers, and the cooks." Madame Cedany said, not even slightly moved by the palace. I guess she was tired of it. I doubt I would ever be tired of it. The palace was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

     Madame Cedany led us up the staircase and through the floors rooms naming and stating the use of each one. We came up another huge staircase which led to the royal family quarters. Madame Cedany turned toward us and cleared her throat as to catch out attention. "Now, just to make sure you don't do something idiotic let me repeat. The rules up here are slightly different than the rules from downstairs. You are never allowed to even speak around the royal family unless you are answering a question. You are never to listen in on the royal families conversations. You are to always remain invisible and follow their orders or instructions. If they want something you get it. You are here to trend to their every need, but never ever become overbearing. Are we clear?" She was answered with nodding of heads and "yes ma'am."

      She led us up the stairs and into a huge, open hallway

      She led us up the stairs and into a huge, open hallway. Along the hallway were carved, wooden doors, each with a different design. "And this, girls, is where all of the royal families, except the Queens and Kings, living quarters. Please get in a actual proper line."